Username: Logan__tille

Orion 1200D For Sale, Hit me up

Post Number: 4019
imo there just very well made boxes

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1553
well how do they make them get so loud...cuase many ppl on this forum can make well made boxes but they arent doin what tcab boxes do

Gold Member

Post Number: 4020
lol that i do not know.. But here..i think you asked for this?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yEm7P1rYvY

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1554
thanks for the link

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1937
well one thing...i think its the huge flared slot ports that they calculate so perfectly, then they are well built boxes, and they also like to round out a lot of the corners inside the box.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9713
he reduces the turbulence ten-fold by the way he designs them....calculates the port area to the optimal performance for that particular sub, and charges out the ying-yang for it:-)

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1555
lol...so pretty much he makes corner insers that make the corners on the inside round and uses flared ports

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9714
:-)

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1557
im gunna make my box like that...lol..those corner pieces will be kinda hard to make though

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 3025
THEY MAKE THE BOXES SO GOOD LIKE TEMTOXIC BASS ITS THAT THEY USE THE MOST SQ INCHES OF PORT AREA AS POSSIBOLE AND THE BIGGEST VOLUME IN THE BOX, BUT THEIR SECRET ITS THAT THEY USE THE GOLDEN RATION. AND THEY PEAK THEIR BOXES TO HIGH TUNNING AND THE GOLDEN RATION MAKE THOSE TUNNINGS SOUNDS LIKE ITS TUNED LOW.

The secrets to the best sounding boxes. This can be applied to sealed and ported enclosures. You will notice a big difference even between a standard sealed enclosure and the Golden Ratio sealed enclosure.

SHHH DONT TELL NO ONE :-)

The Golden Ratio should be used whenever possible unless there are a space restriction. These dimensions will sound less boomy, have less panel vibrations, and better (transient) response.

The Golden Ratio:
1 x 0.7937 x 1.2599

Example: Desired net volume is 2.00 cf.

Upload

Take the cube root: 1.26 ft = 15.12 inch = Side A. Now multiply side A x
0.7937 to get side B, or 12.00 in. Side C = side A x 1.2599 = 19.05 in.

So we have:
Side A = 15.12 inch
Side B = 12.00 inch
Side C = 19.05 inch

The closer you are to the Golden Ratio, the better the response.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS MR. ROB

THATS WHY ALL THE TCAB LOOKS SIMILAR JUZZ BIGGER.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8525
"those corner pieces will be kinda hard to make though"

what i did was i stood the box on the corner i want rounded and poured resin on it. i did that for all the corners.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2292
I purposely bought a box to learn how he did it. Well worth the money I spent for the lesson... :-O Polo...

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8526
share the knowledge polo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4038
yes, do share

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 162
In response to Rob's post, what he said does not take in to account the port...

If you were following that formula wouldn't the port affect the dimensions?

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1558
if i poured resin in the corners would that make a noticable difference

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3166
dont pour it, paint it on

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 849
The purpose of pouring resin into the corner is to round out the corner in order to reduce turbulence.This requires quite a bit of resin and painting that much resin on would require quite a few coats Havoc.Tilt the box on it's corner and pour resin into it and let it set,then repeat to all corners to obtain a smoother airflow.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8559
if you pour it on it will settle in that corner rather thick getting rid of the corner.

dane if you paint it on you will be there all day doing that.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8561
btw if you paint it on you will be going through so many brushes. that stuff hardens quick. once the brush gets hard you won't be able to use it.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 852
You could also use a PVC pipe as a filler and then resin over it depending on how much you roll the corner.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1560
how would u use the "golden ratio" with ported boxes...could u give an example of that?

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 858
Jaymes you still don't have a system do you? :-(

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1561
no

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1562
but i have to go get my ticket money back because i took traffic school so i should get it back and thats $186 but then i have to pay for traffic school so thats takes out $62 so i have $124 from that and i will save another $100 on gas cause i have gas cards. so thats $224 and i have like $100 so ill have around $324 soon.

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1563
and i get paid thursday so ill have like another 50-60 bucks

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3167
my bad. I thought he meant the box itself. i guess i should have read

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1564
lol.....after i have that money ill wait for my tax return to come and then ill have way more money then i can buy my system casue i sohuld get a couple hundred back..

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2299
I use great stuff, expanding foam. Shoot the foam in, let it expand then just before it start to set remove some, not all of the excess with a putty knife. Remove any from your hands right away! After it has fully set cut, shape and sand it to the desired thickness or shape you are looking for. Mix up a batch of polyester or even epoxy resin brush it over the foam first, add a sheet of fiberglass and dab it in making it as smooth as possible. Keep repeating the glass until you get what you are looking for. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2607
just to add to what polo said. dont even let that stuff get on your hands. biggest pain in the a s s to get it off. it takes days iv tryed everything but nothing really works with it just time

Gold Member

Post Number: 3037
HERES THE GOLDEN RATION

the formula is

The Golden Ratio:
1 x 0.7937 x 1.2599

ok for example u want umm let see u want a 3cb ft box wat u do is this

1)-take the cubic root of 3cb ft+ its gonna be in inches dont know how many then this result will be your side A.

2)-then u multiply your side A (the result u got above) X 0.7937 and u will have side B.

3)-then to get side C u need to multiply your side A (the result on number 1) x 1.2599

u can vary the shape of the box like if u get on side b 15 inches and u think is too much u can take some inches but THE CLOSER TO THE GOLDEN RATIO THE BETTER.

now u have the box then your final option its to calculate and built the ports. NOTE___ that the 3 cb ft will decrease the volume because port displacement so calculate your box volume first.
for example your ports are gonna take .23 cb ft so before u do the golden ration your 3 cb ft box will be 3.23 cbft

now did i answer your question correctly jaymes??

Gold Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1567
yup yup...how many aero ports would be the best 2 4" flares?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 165
Rob, what if the box were to have a slot port? Wouldn't that change the dimensions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3038
ok lets see u make a slot ported, the square port will take out like .75cb ft and u want a 5 cb ft box now wat u do its before doin the golden ration box add the port volume to the volume u want so it will be 5.75 now do the golden ration formula using 5.75

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2306
Funny thing it may give you a given volume but it will not give you placement! Port/sub placement and how turbulance effects it all plays the biggest role.. Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us