Any Comments? 13W7 w/a 1000/1 in a Ford Ranger Ext Cab

Username: Malizeryan

Post Number: 2
Ok, I just really wanted some feedback and Ive never heard a 13w7 but here it is:

I had a Kicker 12L7 2005 model powered by a Hifonics 600watt amp in a ported box. I paid about $600 for everything including the 4 gauge wiring, all brand new but it was really NOTHING to show off with (at all).

I have a 1997 ford ranger extended cab (dont laugh).

I just found a deal and took it. $1150 for a 13.5W7 D1.5 and a JL1000/1 Mono in the JL Prowedge 13W7 Sealed Box (shipping included).

Im putting the sub right behind the passenger seat in the cab (i dont know how, but i will).

Ive only herd a 12w7 in a toyoda matrix on a 500/1. IT ALMOST TOOK MY EYES OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS!

Is this just totally stupid and looked down on by serious car audio professionals, or is it somewhat cool?

Also, I dont really know about sql and spl, but I think quality is important, but I also want loud.

I will post pics when its in.

Thanks for all POSITIVE comments in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1807
Wow, I'm pretty sure everyone will agree, that's a steal...

Even on E-Bay you're looking at $400-$500 just for that subwoofer, then another $400-$500 for the amp, and we haven't even gotten to the enclosure yet! Which I've heard those are pricey...

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 79
Yep I agree with Tyler, that was a great deal considering the dealer cost on the 13W7 is around $550, and $490 on the JL1000/1. Throw in that box and shipping and you scored.

I'm just trying to imagine that sub and amp in a Ranger lol. You're gonna to need ALOT of dampening material.

Nobody is going to "look down" on this rig. That's some serious sh!t you got, and for a sweet price.

Username: Malizeryan

Post Number: 3
So what else will I need to do to make this sound really good?

Bronze Member
Username: Skibum12189

Post Number: 22
JL boxes have the most innovative technology. Almost any sub can sound good in their boxes. Look on their website, its pretty cool. And yea the 13w7 will be very loud as well as sound real nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us