Need Help Quick guys...

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1085
Ok, so lil parts of the wire was hangin out of my power and ground inputs. A few lil strands touched together between the pwr and ground and it sparked a few times then quit. then sparked a few times and i unhooked hte battery. I went back and taped it off for a quick fix and made sure none could touch anymore. Yesterday my amp was randomly turn on and off, but today it wont come on at all. Thnk it could be fried or just a wiring problem?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1736
First, get that tape off of there!

Then, take the wires, remove all free hanging strands (and if you have thick awg wire, it's ok to shave off a good bit of it so it properly fits in the terminal!), just make sure the rest is left thick.

But if removing the strands doesn't work and make the amp come back on, then it MIGHT be fried. When you say doesn't come back on, do you mean not at all or the protection light goes on?

If it's protection then your amp probably isn't fried, just waiting for you to fix it PROPERLY this time lol.

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1086
only has one power light. no protection light. its an Orion 2500d, and ive got the power unhooked already, but i dont have alot of time to go mess w/ it at the moment. I've got 0ga. wire, then split into 2 4ga., same w/ teh ground b/c the amp has 2 4ga pwr. inputs. the tape keeps the strands from showing or touching, thats y i taped it off. I'm just hopin it isnt fried.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1547
did you check your fuse, thats if you have one..?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1740
Well just because the strands aren't touching or showing doesn't mean they can't short. Remove the strands completely, and if that doesn't work then there's a good chance your amp has met it's maker.

You'd think a Orion 2500D would have a protection light with for one a name like Orion (it has to be good!), and two for how much they do cost...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8478
i think the it lights up in different color when its in protect mode. but yeah it only has one light. when its powered on its red. maybe if its in protection it turns yellow or something. i don't have my manual with me right now so i can't really say.

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1088
It's working...I just unhooked it completely, and hooked it directly to the battery using some small wires to make sure it powered up. Power comes on, but when i hook it bak up in my trunk, no power. I guess i have to check ALL my wires now :-(:-(. O well, hopefully i can have some new pics and vids up today, that was my plan before this happened.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8489
great. glad to hear that your amp isn't fried.

i still hate you for having dd jordan. lol.

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1089
lol. of course u do. turns out my ground had jus quit workn. idk how but i took the ground off, then put it back, and now its back to normal, i just gotta hook it all back up good and im ready. Ima try and get vids if i can.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8497
nice. can't wait for the vids man.

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1091
alright guys. I got the vids taken. but they wont be up til 2moro, or maybe saturday. I also got sum pics of the new box, im waitin on my mom to get her computer here so i can hook the camera up to it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us