Regarding Rockwood

Username: Crasslogic

Post Number: 1
I've been browsing over this forum and noticed alot of people bash Rockwood. I joined specifically to ask why. I'm a basshead believe me, and i've been rolling with Rockwood for years. About a year ago I got rid of all my old stuff and got a new vehicle, and have decked it out with the newer school X-Plore series. Four of the XR-4312 subs, two of the XR3974 1200w 2CH Amps, and I don't remember the models of my mids and highs or headunit off the top, but nonetheless my system hasn't given me problems in a year, and is bone rattling.

Is Rockwood really so terrible? It's not a "look i'm such a smart-*ss" question either, i'm being honest and serious when I ask.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 3016
hahahahahahahah dude your funny

im want to go with x-plore hahah

why buy thats sony cr@p when u can get cr@pier

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1527
as long as you like it is all that matters.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8456
i like rf. they are very solid and underrated amps. bit pricey but i think they are worth it. i am talking about their higher end models. the lower end models i am not to fond of.

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 50
He said Rockwood Chad, I saw Rockford at a quick glance too.

Stay Away

American Pro (All)
Audiobank (All)
Blackmore Mobile Electronics (All)
Blitz (All)
DHD (All)
Diesel Audio (All)
Kenford (All)
Kole Audio (All)
Legacy (All)
Majestic (All)
Performance Teknique (All)
Phase Linear (All)
Pyle (All)
Pyramid (All)
Rockwood (All)
Sherwood (All)
SPL (all)
Solid Audio (All)
Sound Storm (All)
Street Edge (All)
Ultra Linear (All)
XFile Audio (All)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 8459
oh my bad. rofl. lolololololol. damn its too early in the morning.

Post Number: 2
Actually, Mr. Rob, it may be. I remember growing up, my cousin's Earthquake Annihilator 18". I grew up around boom and naturally, when I got old enough to drive I wanted a system (which I acquired before I had a car :-) )
Anyway, my first system was a pair of Rockwood 15's that were hokey as hell; black paper cone that had the rings like you see on a PA speaker, and just the red "rockwood" logo printed in the center, and this racing flag looking design on the magnet. The magnet was just a hair larger around than a CD. Still, it sounded awesome to me and I never blew them up with the stuff i liked listening too,,techno bass like Beat Dominator, DXJ, Techmaster PEB and DJ Magic Mike for example. After hanging around the audio shop for awhile, I got to learn that Rockwood made better stuff than the $30 specials I'd bought for my first system.

I don't know about the pentagon shaped woofers Rockwood was producing to look like Sony's perhaps?? But the X-Plore 12"s I have are normal (ie 'round'). Like I said in the first post, I don't know that they are as horrible as stuff like Pyramid makes. Usually with car audio it seems that you get what you pay for is the rule and not the exception, but sometimes I think it's the other way around. I'd be a liar if I said Rockwood hasn't produced mass amounts of garbage in their time (just like 90% of the car audio out there), companies produce their cheap, low-grade sh*t, and their better quality stuff. Believe me, if I had a way of meeting you in person, I'd bet you'd be surprised that every component of my vehicle's sound system is Rockwood.

I guess the original purpose of my post is to see one if anybody has had any dealings with Rockwood equipment manufactured in the last 2-4 years, and if everyone here really has that low of an opinion of them. I'm not techie, nor have I ever been in a comp. before, but all I know is I put most of these teenagers at stoplights to shame. They crank their goofy "thug" rap, and I'll crank like Public Enemy or Magic Mike and shut them down. I've had some of these dudes, in fact, follow me to where I was going and be like "damn man! What the hell you got in there?"

All in all, I think the modern Rockwood deserves a little more credit than most you in the world of boom are giving them. Even in the most biased view, they have to be 10x better than Pyramid. The biggest sub Pyramid makes that i've ever seen in person their Hyper Pro. Big ol' foam surround and a healthy looking magnet, but sound like a bass-cannon at best, and i've read posts where people put Rockwood with the likes of Pyramid.

Lol, Chad-Lee, you thought I meant Rockford Fosgate? I agree with your post totally, but it seems general consensus that their equipment was better in the early to mid 90's which I definately believe to be true. Power series are wicked.

Post Number: 3
Oh yeah, forgot to say that no, I don't know i'd ever do much in a competition, but it's definately hard-hitting enough to feed the crave :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1531
Like I was trying to say, if you like how it sounds and your pleased with your system, thats all that matters. but stay awhile =).

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3801
well....i thought phase linear was a good brand seriously... some1 tell me wrong cuz i have a lil 200w amp and it's doing the job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us