Box building Help.

Bronze Member
Username: Korpseofdeath

San Lorenzo, California United States

Post Number: 20
Alright guys, I have just recieved my 15" SX speaker in the mail today, and I am getting ready to build my box tomorrow. Now the website says optimal 4.0 cu.ft tuned to 34 Hz. I used this ported subwoofer box calculator.

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=24&Eh=16.5&Dia=9&Xmax=22&V d=0.18&NumW=1&Vb=4&Fb=34&Qts=.38&Vas=4.46&Fs=27.8&CE=1.5

Now does that seem good, and do I have the all clear to build? I'm just looking for someone's opinion, because I have never built a subwoofer box before, and I want to make sure I get eveything right before I do this, you all know? =) hehe. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1721
It looks good, but can you tweak the measurements a little?

The box is VERY deep, and will be kind of awkward looking as is. Can you maybe replace the depth with more width, making the box wider than it is deep, looking a bit more, I guess, normal lol.

If not, that looks good none-the-less :-).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Ok, I made a new calculator, and I will post the link below. Now how does this look out to be? Like I said, i'm all new at this, and I had the calculations wrong, so if someone could please look over it and give me the thumps up, that would be really great, and would be extremely thanked! =D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=38&Eh=16.5&Dia=9&Xmax=22&V d=0.18&NumW=1&Vb=4&Fb=34&Qts=.38&Vas=4.46&Fs=27.8&CE=1.5

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 625
and dont use the 3rd option...

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 626
2nd****

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Ok, thanks I didn't use option 2, I just put the numbers in there. I got the information for option #1 off the website. So is it all good to build?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1722
Justin, what's wrong with his second enclosure? It all looks like it checks out to me...The volume and tuning are the same, just in a different "shape" for a better look visually.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1723
Actually I've seen an SX in an enclosure similar to the one he's "calculated" and it was peferctly fine, just as a second thought, so I'm definitely not sure what you see as a problem...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us