Need some opinions

goda
what does everyone think about the audiobahn awc12t subs? i was positive i wanted to get audiobahn but a few days ago my friend got two awc1251t's in a bandpass box. they sounded ok, they really kicked the long deep notes but some of the tighter ones weren't hitting too hard. i'm hoping that's just because they weren't broken in yet. but anyway, what does anyone think abuot the awc12t's? oh by the way, if i get these i'll probably run them off of an audiobahn a3201t. annnd also, as a backup, i might want some 15 inch woofers so what can anyone recommend for 15's in the 400-500 watt range, and also affordable. any help will be appreciated...thanks

Anonymous
Dude, if your worried about the tighter bass tones going to 15's is going the wrong way. Go with the 12's like your friend has for the long deep stuff and then find a place to squeeze in a couple of 8's maybe to pick up that tighter mid bass stuff.

goda
yeah i understand what you're saying, but what i mean is that i've heard 12's that hit the tigher bass way better than my friend's subs...and i'm just wondering if that is because his subs aren't broken in, if audiobahn subs aren't good for that, or maybe even in a bandpass box that's how those subs perform.

Anonymous
The reason your friends subs put out "long deep notes" is because a bandpass isn't designed to be tight and punchy. It is a tuned enclosure and will only peak on that frequency. Don't throw in a couple of eights with 12's. They will cancel each other out and sound like crap!! Put your 12's in a selaed enclosure to get a full spectrum of frequency response and get better power handling. And also, subs don't get "broken in".

goda
alright thanks alot, that's what i was thinking about doing but i just wanted to get an answer from someone else anyway
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us