Hifonic BXI1606D to 2 SPLW-12's... WILL IT WORK??

Username: Coolcat246820

Post Number: 3
I really need help ASAP. i have been trying to figure this out for months and im still not sure... all i need to know is will this work... 2 SPLW-12's 1 Hifonics BXI1606D and what would be the MAX wattage i could get to each sub? also best Config? Plz respond as fast as possible. i have to know within an hour! Thank you -Coolcat

i am alil confused on this also....
Dual Voice Coil (DVC) woofers are simply speakers with two voice coils wrapped around the same voice coil former. This allows the speaker to be connected in 2 different ways. With the individual coils wired in series, the resulting impedance will be 2 times the impedance of each individual coil. Wiring the coils in parallel will make the impedance 1/2 the impedance of each individual coil. This means that a speaker with dual 4 ohm coils can be wired to 2 ohms or 8 ohms........................................ so it seems like they have to be wired for ether 1/2 ohm or 2...? or is it that they CAN be wired for that too besides just a 1ohm load...?

Here are specs of items in question -

SUBS- * 2200 watts power handling * 1100 watts RMS * 340 oz. magnet * 4" BASV/Kapton hybrid 18 AWG voice coil * FS 33.5(Hz) * Vas 0.8 cu.ft. * Qes: 0.34 . Qms: 5.668 . Qts: 0.32 * Xmax: 0.47" * SPL 90 dB * Sealed box: N/A * Ported box: 2.4 cu. ft. * Tuning: 40 Hz * Port size: 4" (dia) x 16.75" (length) * # of ports: 2 * Cloth laminated paper cone with MD6 coating * Dual 1 ohm voice coil * Die cast aluminum basket * Aluminum/chrome dust cap for extra rigidity under extreme conditions * Black wrinkle finish with Diamond cut * Chrome finish front & back plate * Large roll treated foam surround * One piece, 360º rubber gasket * Dual conex spider * Woven tinsel lead through spider * Chrome binding post terminals..................................................... AMP- * Brutus BXi 1606D * 1-Channel Mono-Block Operation * SUPER D-Class Ampllifier Topography * Ultra-Fi MOSFET Outputs * Illuminated Hifonics Logo * PWM MOSFET EXVP (Exponential Vari-Power Supply) * SPC Twin Turbo-Torroids with Simpatico Coil Design * Remote Bass Control * Balanced Line Inputs w/ Optional Hifonics MM-BLD-1 * Gold RCA Line Ouputs - Permit Amplifier Daisy-Chaining * 4-Gauge Power Connectors # Fully Adjustable Accu Cross Crossovers Inlude: * -24dB Subsonic Filter (Adjusts 15-50Hz) * Phase Shift Adjustments (0 to +180 Degrees) * 24dB Low-Pass Crossover (Adjusts 35 - 250 Hz) * Bass Boost: Variable Bass Equalization (+18dB @ 45Hz) # SPECIFICATIONS: * 550Wx1 RMS @ 4 ohm * 1100Wx1 RMS @ 2 ohm * 1600Wx1 RMS @ 1 ohm * S/N Ratio: >95dB * THD & Noise: <0.08 * Input Impedance (Balanced/Un-Balanced): 20k ohm / 47k ohm

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 824
Ok from what i see you have 2 DVC 1ohm subs and the amp is 1ohm stable. so it should work and you will get 1600rms from the amp at 1ohm suggesting its not over\under rated. For the subs being dual 1ohm VC you can conect each sub in series and then conect each sub togethor in paralel to get 1 ohm or vice versa (each sub paralel and then connect each sub togethor by series) giving you a total of 1ohm and just connect them to the amp for the 1ohm load. so yes it will work. Each sub will get about 800rms

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 825
if u want anymore help hit me up on AIM\ D92stealth .... im getting off ecoustics for the night
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us