I REALLY need some help please

Bronze Member
Username: Kingmike

Post Number: 18
I have a 2001 dodge ram quad cab.. yaadadada.. I'm installing all new speakers and I need/want to run new wiring(which i have already done) Is it alright just to cut in the wiring harness and crimp the wires together where they are supposed to be?

The Metra kit also had a couple extra wires that my headunit didn't have.. would i need to do anything to them? I'm pretty sure i don't need them.

I appreciate the help.. I got really frustrated tonight trying to do this.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 385
yea just crimp the wires together and throw a crimp on the extra wires just to be safe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
ONe more thing.. Since I'm not using the facotry speaker harness( I left it there in case i need to use it at a later time), Should I crimp the Speaker wires directly to the headunit or the wiring harness adaptor wires?

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1322
Personally, when in doubt, run your own wiring.

Sometimes it may seem like a waste of material and/or time, but if you dont, and you get anoying interference and/or whining, then you will probably have wished that you would have wired your own instead.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I did run my own wiring.. I just left the factory stuff there so I could just hook it back up if i want to sell my truck sometime
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us