Will it.....?

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 358
hi, i have asked this before but didn't really get an answer.

i have a A6004T (600 RMS) amp . and i'm powering my 4 6.5" with it. i wanted to know if i add a sub to the same amp will it make the lights dim ?

Because right now when i turn the vol to 44/63 the RPM needle moves a little (very little) will adding a sub make it worse?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 495
ur RPM needle should only move to the accelerating and shifting your engine does...

you probably mean your voltage guage, and if ur running all 600 rms of it now - it will react the same. watts are watts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
so i am using all 4 channels and the vol is around 44/63 that means that the amp is putting out all of it's power.? is that correct.?

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1703
Let me speak on behalf of that amp...It sucks.

I own one and I had to replace mine after it fried due to overheating, hence why I plan to replace the other A-Bahn amp I own. That 4 channel amp does not put out ANYWHERE near 600W RMS. How do I know this? Because my Nine.4 is rated at less power and pushes my 5X7's much harder than the A6004T at proper gain setting. The Nine.4 I can't even set at 4V because at that level the speakers distort from OVERpowering.

Generally, a 4 channel amp will not cause your lights to dim when running them on door speakers, since the amount of bass and the frequency and volume at which it is produced, is NOTHING in comparison to what is required for a subwoofer to produce the low end frequencies.

This all may sound a little iffy, but I've never seen a smallish 4 channel amp just running door speakers dim even the smallest of cars with tiny alternators.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 369
Actually with my stock stereo when I turn it up the lights actually dim when the bass hits.

It's weird to me, hmm.

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1706
If you're being serious Andre, then I'd say you have a wiring problem...A stock system is considered in the the electrical pull of the the alternator/battery when the car is being manufactured. I've never known ANY car company (even Kia or Hyundai) to put a huge stock system into a car without considering draw, and allowing for overpulling from the alternator/battery, causing dimming of the lights!

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 838
he has no idea of sounds it sounds like work from step one, learn OHMS law..... figure out what each speaker runs at... and sticking a sub in path with some 6.5's not recommeneded only use identical subs from one amp not mismatched

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 393
Oh did I forgot to mention that's when the engine's off HEHEHEHE

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 841
are the rca wires running along side the power wires? thats a no no as well for some types of cables that arent sheilded to good with RCA unplugged same problem?

Gold Member

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1710
I have no idea? I was just putting things a little more simply for him without throwing figures in to confuse him. I presumed when he was going to add the subwoofer, he was going to bridge two channels and run 6.5" off of the other, probably following what the instruction manual shows.

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
Yes i was going to bridge 2ch for sub and use the other 2channels for the 6.5"
and i have made sure about the wiring. they all (6.5"s and the sub) will be @ 4 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3483
http://www.bcae1.com/defhome.htm

go read this whole site then come back lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us