Power to head

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Funky Town, TX United States

Post Number: 364
so i had posted last week about how my head unit wasnt working though I had all the wires correctly wired. Well had some time today and ripped it apart and realized that the power coming from the cars harness to the head units harness did have any power. so i just connected it to the power side of my 4channel amp and the head worked. now i cant just connect the power from the head to that because the head will be on all the time. is there any other way to rig this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
any suggestions on getting power to my head unit?

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... YAKUDZA JAP...

Post Number: 1169
The ignition lock could be your problem.Because the blue wire(acc wire) going from ignition to the fuse number 9(10Amp) and then coming to the hu...You have to check that fuse if it's get any power from the lock!!! (check it with ignition "ON")
BTW, You need a DMM for that.
or you have to make a new power line (just two wire,one for constant +12,the other one ACC aka switched)

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
if i had a dmm how owuld i even check it?

Bronze Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 67
get a tester and test all of the power wires that plug into the deck. also you could have undid your ground or something it could be alot of things. check your fuses and stuff and if you still dont know go to your local audio store and tell them to fix it lol. say youll give them 5 bucks

Username: Kendee587

Lynchburg, VA USA

Post Number: 1
Need HELP !!! Insignia NS-C5111, Faceplate buttons stay illuminated all the time, even with ign. switch off. With Ign. sw. on the unit will not power on. Does any one know which components control the power on-off functions on the circuit board? If the yellow input wire is disconnected the buttons extenguish. There is definitely a bad component.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us