Rockford Fosgate P6001bD with Kicker 12" CompCVRs

Username: Jgelp7

Post Number: 2
Would a Rockford Fosgate P6001bD work well with 2 Kicker 12" CompVRs at 2ohms? I'm new to subs and amps and need a little help. The amp is Rockford Fosgate P6001bD -- (Chrome Amp) MonoBlock Punch Series Class BD Amplifier and is 600w RMS x1@2 ohms. The subs are 600w RMS 2ohm as well.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3784
i suppose you got the dual 2 ohm version of those subs. I'd get a kicker zx 750.1 because the price is almost the same, you can get more output and the quality is the same if not supérior.

Try that.

Post Number: 3
I was looking for something under $300. The Rockford Fosgate I had in mind was $200, and the Kicker 750 was around $500. Are there any suggestions for an amp under 300 that can power these subs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3786
is ebay an option?? i'll show you a better deal

Post Number: 5
yea sure, ebay is fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3791
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-06-Kicker-Mono-Amplifier-ZX750-1-Car-Audio-Amp-750_W0QQi temZ110071994404QQihZ001QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there's an auction or check this with 1 year warranty

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16918

Post Number: 6
Ok thanks for the help, I'll pick up the Kicker zx750 off ebay.

Post Number: 7
would it be better for me to buy the 2 12" Kicker CVR's already in the kicker enclosure for $250 or to buy the subs off ebay for $95: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-KICKER-CVR12-CompVR-12-Car-Subwoofers-PAIR-05CVR122_W0QQit emZ300063598546QQihZ020QQcategoryZ39777QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and then buy a sealed enclosure seperate for arpund $40? Then could I just bring them to a place to get wired up and installed or do I need to buy wiring and wire them up in the enclosure myself? How much should installation cost, and is it worth it to buy the subs and box and wiring seperate or to just buy a wired Kicker box with the 12" CVR's in it already from sonic electronix for $250?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3795
that's your choice. I'd personally buy them alone and do a ported box by myself but... it's your choice.

Post Number: 10
Would it make a difference? I'm looking for simplicity. I want to buy the subs, amp, and box and then just bring it all down to a place to get hooked up. I don't have the knowledge of car audio to install them myselves. I think I will be getting the zx750.1 you suggested from ebay and these subs: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3867.html Then can I just bring them down to get installed?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Will the Kicker zx750.1 give the 2 CVRs 750w RMS to both or will it be split in two and give them 375 each?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3798
the amp is underrated and they will see between 400-450.

if you want simplicity then get the package from sonicelectronix and remember to order the dual 2 ohm version of those subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Ok thanks. So will 400-450 going to that package be decent? And do you have any estimate on how much installation should cost me?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
So how will this set up compare to 2 10" JL W3's? Thats what one of my friends has. Is installation usually expensive?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3806
Bro i'm not in US territory so i can't really tell you how much you should pay.

Those subs will beat those w3 if they're in the right box. They will not sound better but louder.

Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 2
Installation for my amp and subs was $60 after I purchased a amp wiring kit for $30. The most you will probably pay for installation is about $120.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us