I've got to have the worst luck known to man...

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 621
Why can't I just keep a system bumping? lol Tell me why today one of my friends got into my back seat and decided to "check out my amp". Ok that's cool, when I come back outside, I don't hear any music, but my car is still running...I'm like "dude, what'd you do?" He's tell me he doesn't know. I go back to the amp to discover that the RCA jack for the "L" side was broken. The prong from the cable was stuck inside of the RCA Jack!! How the hell he did that, I don't know! So now, I'm hearing a rumbling noise through the subs. I'm totally clueless about what it could be. My uncle told me that he probably shorted my Head Unit somehow cause the same thing happened to him. He told me that if I were to get an EQ, it would solve the problem without having to get a new HU. Anybody ever heard of something like this?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10821
thats ur friend???

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 413
Thats when you should have drove out to the middle of nowhere, shot him 2 times in the head and drove off. Friends don't let friends break audio equiptment.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3725
lol^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 622
lol Yea I know, he won't be riding with me for A LONGGGG time. This is the same fool who yesterday grabbed my steering wheel while I was driving and jerked it! And was about to past out laughing because he thought it was funny that I was freaked out! But like I said, he won't be riding too much longer. But has anybody heard of such a thing, like a rumbling noise or something?

Gold Member

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3727
engine noise maybe?

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
I was thinking that, but I don't know...if it was, why is it appearing now? and how would you fix it?

Gold Member

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3728
does it make it when the engine is off?

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
haven't tried it like that. But if it doesn't do it, what does that mean? and vice versa?

Gold Member

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3730
If it doesnt when its off, it prolly engine noise. If it does it both ways...i dont know..bad ground maybe?

Username: Robbie5636028

Post Number: 6
I had the same problem on my prior system. what i actually found to fix it is to ground the rear rca jacks at the back of the radio.DO NOT DO THAT!!!!! it will burn up the radio. How many rca jacks are on your hu and what are they

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 387
my luck with amps is just as bad.
i killed my memphis 16-MCD1000 a couple days ago

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1313
Trell,

Sounds as if your friend is jealous.

I have had a friend the same way. we were totally kool on everything else except when it came to me having somethin nice and/or achieving something that he may have wanted for himself. It gets stranger. He would get pissed off if I went out and bought a pair of shoes that he may have wanted to buy for himself, but for some reason I beat him to it. He would get pissed off and start being excessively clumsey. He would get so paranoid or nervous that he would be accident prone to whatever he came in contact with. It is like a nightmare because one minute we are kikin back people watchin and bustin up laughin and the next thing is, him noticing that I am wearing the shoes he was plannin on gettin. Everythin goes whack after that, lol. When he gets out of the car he bumps into all kinds of stuff and breaks or damages stuff just cuz he is temporarily psycho.

Just wonderin. Does this remind you of your friend, lol?

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 642
alright trell...what i got out of it was the prong on the left rca to the amp got stuck in the input rca jack on the amp right??? well i had the same problem before just take the the face or back maybe both to your amp to wehre u can see inside the rca jack.. some are different but worked with mine i just took a little paperclip and pushed it out...simple as that i thought i was Facked but i fixed it simple lol...hope it works :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 627
lol, yea Mix it kidna sounds like him, but not as bad! lol And SPL, Yea, I actually took the RCA input out and pulled out the prong. Ok, I put the amp back in the truck to test it...same noise. But today, I tested it wasn't making the NOise, and I was shocked. So I went to tighted the speaker wires back on the amp, and now it magically appeared again! I'm like WTF! BTW Logan, it makes the noise whether the truck is on or not! It gets louder though when the truck is on. HELLLLLLLP! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
BUMP for Help!

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 842
Here's some help.Don't let anyone touch your shi±.Especially not your system,I've heard way too many stories of morons messing things up,just like how your "friend" screwed up your stuff.Make him pay for that shi±.

Silver Member

Post Number: 634
I don't think it's nothing too bad, but then again I don't know. It's like this, whenever I turn the volume down the HU, I can still hear and see the subwoofers moving. It's like a rumbling noise. I'm not to worried about the amp, it was free! lol I didn't want to hear my music though, correctly. See the music signal is still passed, it's just not as clean as it was before.

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Gville, FL

Post Number: 229
does the noise come from your speakers as well, or just your subs? if its just the subs, try to borrow someone elses amp and see if its still there. good luck dude.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 839
Ok, yes it can short out the HU i had the same issue with a few kenwoods tat did that alot... they still had sound but like fuzzy and your could hear it picking up engine noise... u can always open the amp and take the rca prong out of the amp to if its still in there it can be causing the problem.. u may have a ground loop problem as well.... take a small wire and attach it the the outside ring of a rca wire going to the HU and attach it to the ground..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us