IS it Ok ppl

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 352
ok i have a a6004t amp (600 rms 4 ch) and have my (4) 6 1/2 hooked to this amp.
when i have the vol 42/63 the rpm needle starts to move a little (very little) but i don't usually go over 44/63.
Now i'm thinking of adding a sub to the system.
Fi audio X series 12" it's 300RMS

I want to hook my (4) 6 1/2 to 2 channels and use the other 2 channels for this sub.

so i will have 300 watts RMS going to the (4)6.5" and the other 300 watts RMS to the sub.
Is it fine?
is it going to make the RPM needle move faster. or Dim lights?

I don't want to buy a new amp cuz i don't have the money.

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 587
just save up and get a better sub and a good amp.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1466
you'll have to wire all your 6.5's to a 4ohm load, and then wire the fi X to a 4ohm load also. since the amp does 300x2 at 4ohms per channel. I'm sure you knew this, it should be fine.

Wire your 6.5's like this if you didn't know.

image/bmpUpload
4_4ohmSVC_4ohm.bmp (84.3 k)

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1467
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
actually i am not sure how to wire it. can't i just take a set (2) of my 6.5" and take the +/- and put it in the first channel and do the same and put the +/- in channel 2 and Bridge channel 3&4 for the sub.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1468
you have to wire it the way I showed you, or else your mess up your amp. Doing what you mentioned will give a ohm load of 2ohms at channel 1 and 2 and then a 4ohm load at channel 3/4 bridged. that 2ohms on two separate channels will probaly, and most likely kill your amp. So wire it the way I showed you. If your not confident, then do what justin said, get another amp for the sub alone.

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
ok if i follow the diagram.. so the + will go into the + of ch1 and the - will go to the - of ch2? right ? and same thing with the subwoofer the + will go to the + of ch3 and the - will go to - of ch4.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1469
if thats what the amp says then yes. because some amps might say to bridge for two channels you have to bridge 1 and 3 and 2 and 4 I don't know if its true but I'm taking a fat guess. But if thats what your amp says on the amp or w/e then yes. and just wire the speakers for your 6.5's in that picture.

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
That is exact back of my amp...

OK take a look at the pic in the link.. that is what i understood .. is it correct?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/bugmenot0/amplifer1.jpg

thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
Take a look @ it plz ^^^

thank you

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1478
correct on the speaker part. but what some people would do is only run one wire to the amp and not two like you did. You see how you have two red wires and two black wires. Some people would just wire this positive from the speaker to the other positive on the other speaker and from that speaker run ONE wire to the amp positive on channel one. Same goes for ground. But I'm not sure, you can probaly do the two + wire and two - wire from speakers to amp. Let someone else clear that up. but you got the right idea so far. I'm just confused if you should run two wires or run 1. I would do it the way it shows in the picture I gave you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us