Ported box for my se 12

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2412
well i just finished my box , 2.0cuft @ 32 hz and i must say it sounds really nice. its louder than the 2 12's sealed that i had . special thanks to alex .. forgot what his user name is on here lol but he gave me the dimensions and figured everything out for me so thanks man . heres a pic

Upload

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2413
i know its a little rough but its my first box and i was anxious to get it in there so screw carpet for right now lol , and it sounds good thats all that matters to me

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3702
what are the dimensions? how big is that port?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2414
while im at it ... heres a pic of my new wheels :-)
Upload

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2415
its a 4 inch port thats 13.5 inches long . dimensions is 8.5 deep , 13.5 tall , and 44 wide. probably not exact but were somewhere around there

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3703
nice truck

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2416
thanks :-) . Its a 1997 model with only 40,xxx miles on it. I have big plans for this it could last me a long time with the miles it has on it . I have had it around 2 weeks and i already have my 7'' touchscreen , sub box and amp , 22's , street scene grille, and have ordered one piece headlights and components and component amp

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 49
How do you guys get that pvc port to stay on the box? do you just glue it on or do you use screws? Sorry for the noob question but ive only used aero ports which I screw them on to the box.
Good looking box I bet it pounds.

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2417
you can tell from my box i went a little wild on the liquid nails where my port is lol. I still need to clean it up before i carpet it. And thanks for the comment im very pleased of the output from my first box :-) ported really makes the difference

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2294
Dude, good job on the box. Nice truck too! I have to comment thought, just by the dimensions you gave, it's closer to 3 cu's, and even looks alot larger than that from the pic. I saw the pic of the box and was trying to see how it was only 2 cu's??? Looks big.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2295
^^though^^

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2418
thanks for the comment . If i made the box closer to 2.0 cu ft like re says would sound better ? Because to me this box sounds really good the way it is but if it will be better to make it around 2.0 cu ft i will make another

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2222
if anything switch to two 4" aeros :-)

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2419
the aeros wouldnt make much of a difference from my reg pvc pipe would it ?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2225
less turbulence = more dB

not to mention you'd get virtually no port noise.. only drawback i see to your enclosure is the lack of port area

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 486
i like the box, and the rims! - i do say one thing your truck needs badly now...TINT!!!! lol

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 574
Nice. Wut happened 2 the white truck?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3091
niiice dude

Username: 40hz

Post Number: 5
Casey,nice box and truck.....but the truck looks like a regular cab.Wheres the box fit in there at?or are you just sitting it on the seat for now.dont seem like it would fit behind the seat.oh yeah,nice box for 1st time dude.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10209
..interesting sub & port placement - how close in that port to walls of ur truck ?

yes i too use liquid nails on my pipe ports & when it dries its very secure , its also gr8 4 caulking the joints ...
}

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2420
yep the tint is coming a few days after christmas . Thanks for the comments everyone . The white truck was sold to my cousin after i found a great deal on this one , i didnt like the step side and the 5 speed was getting old .. and this one is automatic and has 40,000 miles less and i still had money left over after i got this truck to get some new pieces for my system. The box fits right behind the seat. In fords theres like this little notch on the back wall and the box slides right up under than and fits perfect. The sub is behind the passengers side so i dont have to worry about the room because i can just throw my seat back on the box and not worry about it hitting anything and i still have plenty of room

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2421
and rovin the box is .... well its not really too close to the wall of my truck hasnt given me a problem yet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us