New box...

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 406
Ok, I figure it will be cheaper for me to build a new box then buy a new belt sander, and seeing how its pretty fun, I'm definatly going to do it. I'm going to build this box here http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=32&Eh=16&Dia=9&Xmax=20&Vd= .25&NumW=1&Vb=3.5&Fb=30&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Alot of you probably saw my last box where my dad had some rough cuts and it was too tall. I'm doing this whole one on my own. Does anyone have any tips for me this time? Should I put in the port walls first or the outter walls? Do you think 30hz will be too low for a daily driver or should I tune it higher? By the way, this will house a 15" Mag. Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8287
i like to build sides and bottom first. then put the port walls. then put the top on.

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 407
yea thats what i did the last time... I just wanted to see if there was a diff. way

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8290
there are some that like to put the front baffle last.

before i put the top on, i make sure i put a lot of glue so the glue oozes out a little so it would have a better seal.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 624
i like to take all the walls sides back front baffle port walls cut them all at the same time so u get pefect size they will all be the exact height then i cut top and bottom at same time also so everything comes out flush and perfect imo use a table saw so u can get all cuts the same without moving it. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 15
Heres how I do it:
Assemble port (if there is 2 pieces). Then attach the port to the front baffle. Bottom next, followed by both sides. Next goes the back, and finally the top goes on.

But I build mine differently than most do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us