OT: Need Louder Door Speakers

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 536
i have some kappa 5x7's 100wrms each, and they jus aint loud enough, i have an 04 f150, and need sum more high and mid bass, my subs are drowin out the music, and the subs are down, what do anyone have in mind as for FOUR (4) new 5x7's want to spend about a thousand all together! and sorry but this thread gets more views, everyone knows it does.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1304
You want louder than four 100 watt 2 ohm 94 dB speakers, huh?

Hmmmmmmmm............ Hard to find in car audio, but perhaps you might look into buying these and just using the drivers by themselves without the polypropylene cabinet and amplifiers.

http://www.tannoy.com/Default.asp?Id=3569

They rate at 108 dB anechoic and can handle 70 watts at 8 ohms. They are dual concentric, so that means that the tweeter is mounted in the middle where the dust cap is usually at.

You might need an adapter for your 5X7 cutout, I am not sure though.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10193
i personally find any 5x7s sound poor - cant u use some adapters which u make urself with some mdf & put some 6.5" instead !? , will sound Alot better ......

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1522
Look into Whip Audio. I heard some last week and they were very loud. They are a clone of the Beyma 6.5 midrange

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8271
6.5 ftw

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 538
yeah, thats wat i want, are some 6 1/2's or sum 5 1/4. but im not too good with a saw or nail or a hammer, i like to jus buy it! lol... does anyone know where i can buy a plate adapter, my truck has a place for the tweeters, in the stock panel, so that works out nicely, its got room for a two way comp system.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8292
chase they sell 6.5 inch speaker baffles made out of mdf on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-5-MDF-SPEAKER-SUB-RINGS-jl-FITS-MANY-BRANDS-sony_W0QQitemZ 110069761038QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50552QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us