Subwoofer box to high??

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1434
My subwoofer box is 20inches tall. My amp rack that goes under the subwoofer box raises it up to 25inches tall. At 20inches it sits evenly with the window line. and that extra 5 inches really makes it go up some. Do you guys think I should forget about the amp rack idea and just place the amps behind my 2nd row folding seats? I don't want to enter a comp and have to compete with some major bassheads doing 150-160+ and have them expect me to be near them bc fck that sh!t lmao. although I might install the amps on the side of the box and they can slide out that way but I need a location for my batteries which is another problem. But yeah, amp rack under box, yes/no?

Username: 2000xlt

Athens, Tenn U.S.

Post Number: 4
i wouldnt my self just cause that is a good way to get your amp smokin hot.. so if u have the room i would mount it on the back of your box that way u have plenty air getting to it and is alot easier to get to if u need to modify it

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2769
place them behind the seats imo. and don't listen to him and put them on the box^^^.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1437
yeah, I have a fairly nice idea on what I'm going to do now.

Athens, Tenn U.S.

Post Number: 5
what u think i ment by (mount on back of box)

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1438
yeah I wasn't going to place them on the box and place them on the seats. I would never put them on the box anyways. I plan to put the sub amps on the back on the seats. and have the high amp under one of the seats. Just have to find a way so that thieves won't be able to fold the seat up and get to the amps. know what I mean?

Athens, Tenn U.S.

Post Number: 6
thats sounds straight. just gave u my sugestion

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2770
try to make a cover for the amps that gives them some room and carpet it to match the seats to make a little harder to notice.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1439
all good. Plus to lazy to finish the amp rack idea. Never should of started it! I guess I'll just cut up the wood and do something else with it.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8265
use it for fire wood. lol.

window line berny. get rid of the amp rack.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8267
bump

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1451
yeah, I'm kicking out the amp rack idea, would be easier to run everything on the back of my seats. Meaning a cleaner install and such.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1920
the amp rack is a neat idea but id rid of it. im a little late throwing in my opinion but oh well. ill throw it in anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2266
yeah, throw it out, it was a cool plan though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us