Sub placement

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 708
would it change my sound if i had the sub close to the open end of the trunk? right now its about 22" away. also, what if i faced them towards the cabin or towards the driver or passenger side?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1897
it could, try it out in different positions and see which one is the best sounding to yuor likeing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 709
my remote cable isn't long enought to move it

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1899
oh well scratch off my idea.

i couldnt tell you if its louder in spot A then in spot B

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1424
I guess I could understand if your power, ground, or rca wires are in the way to move it around, but a remote wire?????? COMMON! lmao, its a freakin remote wire, get another wire, make it longer, and tape the mofo. and if you don't like the results, untape it, and put it back to its original position.

Silver Member

Post Number: 710
yeah, i guess i could splice it but i'm really lazy. i can't replace it because it is under the side paneling

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2515
"would it change my sound if i had the sub close to the open end of the trunk? right now its about 22" away. also, what if i faced them towards the cabin or towards the driver or passenger side?"

http://installer.com/tech/aiming.html
http://installer.com/tech/aiming2.html

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1302
Rob,

You is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY.

I agree with BernyMac

Sorry Mikechec9 I am too lazy to read your links, lol. I m sure its somethin good comin from you. Where u been man?

Bronze Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 27
I was going to post the same thing Mike did. As you will read, it is VERY important where you place your sub.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1303
Hmmmmmmmmmm,

After looking at the charts that you posted mike, I would rather face the subs forward.

heres why;

Subs usually cross at 80 Hz or lower, depending on the mids used, and if the mids have a high pass filter (cap on the bottom for protection). Also due to the mis-ballancing of subs to components volume levels, a natural 23 dB dip from the sub may actually improve the transition and help improve crossover design.

Maybe I am leaning too far one way, but I would rather have a softer 100 Hz from the sub and leave that up to the components because they are closer to my ears and I personally favor components over subs at those frequencies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us