2 ohm, 4 ohm

jessi tulip
what are ohms and what is the difference between 2 and 4 ohm subs.

Louis
I am not good at the physics part of it but I know that 2 ohm subs are better cause most amps have higher output running at 2 ohms than at 4. However, if you two 4 ohm subs, you can wire them in parallel and the total impendance will be two ohms. The lower the impendance, the higher the output(most amps).To see more, go to a website like pioneer and check out the specs of a 2 channel amp and see what I am talking about.

Most 2 channel amplifiers cannot handle 2 ohms bridged. The lower the ohms your subs are wired for, the higher the amperage youwill draw, 2 ohm set ups will need a mono amp in most applications. Don't forget 2 channel amps bridged can only handle 4 ohms at the lowest!!! Belive me, I know, I have blown 2 amps

Anonymous
carl ur full of sh*t i have an amp that is bridged at 1 ohm and works just fine.

Dave
Ohms are a measurement of resistence in an electrical circut. the diffrence between a 2ohm and 4 ohm sub is that the 2ohm provides less resistence to the flow of current to the speaker. Now in regular english, the less ohms the more power. Just make sure that your amp is stable at the lower ohmage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us