Story and Suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 736
I finally (think) I sold my Solo X. Craigslist really works, and I did not see that coming at all. Some guy from Wisconsin, but resides in London, is sending me a money order for 520 dollars for my 10. I've accumulated (with this) 1030 dollars, and I can finally do some upgrades with the system! If Christmas treats me well I could pull in another 3-400 hopefully. Start throwing crazy ideas at me. I think my first purchase will be a new head unit assuming I don't get it for Christmas, but people throw out some ideas for upgrading. I'm wanting to go with 2 15's, I think. I thought about 3 12s but I heard it gives you a weird configuration. I also heard JL is good with 3 because they have strange configs to begin with. Any truth? Any suggestions? Thanks, boys!

Bronze Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 55
ROFL!! GOOD LUCK

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2246
Reece be sure to cash the money order first before sending the sub! There is a lot of bogus money orders out there, trust me... I get fake sh!t from Africa, Australia and Canada all the time.. Polo. :-)

PS- This is why a lot of peeps won't sell overseas.

Silver Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 741
Yeah well he's in Wisconsin. Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to cash the money order. What will happen to me if I go to cash it and it is fake? Reprecussions on me? Or what should I do if I come upon that? He said teh type of money order it would be. I looked it up and it's legit, so I guess I'll just wait and see. Thanks again for the heads up.

Anyways, what about suggestions? I'm still thinking SSDs with a kicker 1500.1 on it. I thought about the sundown amp, but I'm not sure if the group buy is still going on.

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Gville, FL

Post Number: 219
you wont get in trouble if someone sends you a fake. just make sure you have green in your hands before you hand over the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2761
get the sundown, the group buy price is good until jan. 1st.

Silver Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 742
Hmm... I'll try to get in that. The guy also left me his number. I'm probably gonna call him, and just see if he sounds legit just to make myself feel better. Polo, you made me realize just how naive I am, haha.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2250
This is why I allow 3 days for clearance on money orders, up to 10 days on personal checks, 7 days on business checks. When I get funds into my PayPal account I immediately move the funds to my 1st nank account then wire them to move it to another account that PayPal has no access to. I do the same for Business/personal checks. When I get screwed it wasn't because I wasn't carefull! Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1500
Even if you cash the money order, the bank gives you cash, Then the bank sends the money order to the originator, (Western union, whatever) they then inform the bank its fake, all this takes up to 30 days after you have your cash in hand. Then out of no where, the bank deducts the money back from your account, then its up to you, not the bank, not western union, to get the cash back from the sender of the money order. And if that person is not in the us, or cant be found, due to fake ID whatever, your out of the item, shipping and whatever money you thought you were getting for the item. When dealing with online transactions, INSIST the use an escrow service. This removes all fraud purchases. Even if they send the escrow a fake money order, its on them not you.
Good luck with that.

Silver Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 749
Here's the email he sent me. Tell me what you all think.

"Hello ,

Please Understand me.

I am from Wisconsin and also a Football Coach residing
in London .
Am still in State now for break, but will soon be
leaving back to England to resume work.

The [10" Kicker SoloX - $400] is for my Daughter as
a christmas present that traveled to spend time with
his Mum where she works in the US consulate office in
West Africa, because of his litle research .
I'll be paying you through Storm-pay Online Money
Order. it's secure and protects two parties in a
transaction. I will like you to provide the below
requirements in your reply for me to send it to
storm-pay Office for payment before you ship it.

< Full contact address:

All this information should be provided correctly to
avoid wrong payment.
I will forward my wife residential address to you for
shipping as soon as the payment reaches you.

I will be very grateful to hear from you soonest.

Warm regards,

Jerry.

NB: I will be paying you the total of $520 for both
the cost price and the shipping...

==========================================================

Let me hear from You ASAP.

Regards,
Jerry."

Silver Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 750
bummmmp

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 473
... is for my Daughter as
a christmas present that traveled to spend time with his
Mum

Right.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2222
lol i just read that too

Bronze Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 65
sounds like BS to me...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2252
Dude that is the same sh!t I was telling you! See what I meant they always meantion Africa and sh!t! I have some girl online asking for money for a ticket from Africa right now! He is full of sh!t, sorry dude...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1504
Tell him to send the money to An escrow service. If he is unwilling, Walkaway from it. If you send him that sub You might as well send it to me. Either way you won get money. Ill even pay the shipping since your willing to give it away for free.

Dude if its on craiglist, Sell LOCALLY.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us