I finally Heard em!

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 598
I finally heard my SD2.5s guys! I'm loving them already. What should I set the Subsonic Filter, Gain, LPF, HPF...all that on that bullsh!t Audiobahn amp! lol

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1768
You don't know to set your amp yet Trell? OH NO... I guess your subs are just going to blow up then.

Psych! JP man.

Set the SS to to what frequency your box is tuned to, or even a little lower. Gain should be matched with the pre-out voltage of your HU's signal. Turn the switch to LOW PASS FILTER, your don't want high pass. Set the low pass to around 80hz. Have fun with those bro. I was just surprised you didn't know that about amps yet!

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2234
Set the SS to 25hz, don't set it to your box tune, it will play lower than that!

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3634
What kind of audiobahn amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 599
An A275HCT. I googled it and it said that it could be wired down to 1 ohm bridged possibly receiving 600 watts. I don't know if it's actually doing that much, but if so, I'm looking at about 300 watts per sub. Just enough to warm them up for the memphis!

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1413
how do they sound in that box? I might get my install done today if everything goes ok.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2210
FINALLY BERNY

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1415
Like I said, I might

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8230
yeah i gave up on berny installing his stuff. i just hope he gets it done before the comp on jan 27. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2211
if its not in by xmas, im flying down there to kick your a55 and take your stuff up here and put it in my tahoe

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8232
ummmm ok doktah.

rofl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 602
You guys, that Audiobahn amp is some sh1t. lol I know there should be some break in time for the subs, so I've been playing my HU on level 15 outta 40 just to warm them up. But just outta curiosity, I turned it up to 25 a couple of times just to see how they would sound. A heard a lotta distortion type noise, kinda "muddy" as some would say. It honestly sounded like they were hitting harder at the lower volume and it sounded SOOOO much better when it was low. I was informed that amp is OVERRATED so much that it is actually almost GARBAGE! lol It says it does 600w @ 1 ohm bridged. I highly doubt it. I think my 400w alpine amp would have sounded better than this thing. I'll probably be selling it in a few. It sucks IMO, but hey...you can't beat a free amp! lol

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3651
were they loud?lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
YES! I left that out. I actually put everything in last night, and my girl came out side to tell me to turn it down. She grabbed my remote and started to turn it down, and was like "damn...it was only on 13"! lol Hopefully though, once they break in they'll be a lil louder, they already sound good though, well at that lower volume at least! lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1870
as long as yuo like them, thats all that counts. it seems like yuo like them. which is good

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
Yea, I like them. I wonder if I'll still like them with a better amp.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1417
Sorry to jack the thread but didn't even get to work on my install today :D. Sister had me running all over town, literally. I'm exhausted from driving all day.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1877
im sure yuoll like them even more.

and that sucks bernymac, get it in soon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 608
Honestly, could an amp change how the subs will perform? Well I should ask, should I expect better results from a Memphis 16-MCD1000 vs. Audiobahn A275HCT? I'm getting a lil worried?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1880
im not an expert, but if yuor giving them a lot more power than what they are receving now, it shuold be louder. i wouldnt worry too much.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1418
yeah, I don't understand the distorting part at higher volume. But sounds like you did a good job on that box =). BTW, how do the lows sound?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2710
a better amp will put out "rated" power where the audioburn doesn't, so the subs will recieve more power, and useally be louder, some subs will sound better with more power, as long as its within the subs power limits, as it will gove the motor more control. the muddy sound you hear could be from the gain set to high, or the box isn't built to specs or the subs just can't keep up with the beat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us