Amp and subs

Username: Dddd

Fayettville, Tennessee Lincoln

Post Number: 1
I have a sony explode 1200 watt 1 channel amp,and 2 15" dvc memphis subs.the subs are not wired together.each sub is wired + to- + to -,and + to+ - to - to the amp.it sounds great but goes into protection when i cut it up.how do i wire these subs to this amp

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3061
not enough info...specs of sub and amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Cadi_sittin_on_l7s

Indiana

Post Number: 11
the one channel is your problem. i have similar wiring set up. i started with two positives coming from and and two negatives from amp. with one positive and negative hook it up in parallel. meaning positive from amp to one coil to the next. and same with negative. id have to read specs on amp to be for sure but try it. to be honest though if you think that amp is pushing, you should try an upgrade, the amp is to much underpowered by those subs. try a blanet audio 1250 watt. 360$ 6 year warranty. best amp on the marker according to car audio mag. good luck. try the way i said to wire it first though

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3062
^^^ to Grubbs
well you mean "planet audio"?
if so there not the best amp on the market.they are great amps though.

Bronze Member

Indiana

Post Number: 17
^^^ planet audio yes. i only say that because it was published in car audio mag. i have one and i love it. comp sound and 6 year warranty for 360$. i couldnt go wrong when i found it

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2196
if you need a new amp I've got one that does more than 1000rms and can be run on a stock charging system.

300+ shippnig.. perfect condition only used 4 months

if your interested i'll post pictures.. would get a quicker response if you emailed me.. link is on the left

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3064
hey grubs.
ever benched that amp or have a birth sheet?
i have always wanted to know what one birthed at.

Bronze Member

Indiana

Post Number: 23
dont wanna sound stupid or maybe its cuz im from indiana but i dont know what birthed means.

Gold Member

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3066
means the actual watts the amp puts out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us