Ported box for se ... need help!

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2397
i just got a pair of 12'' re se's for my truck and the box i had built is too big and i need a little more leg room so i am going to try to build a ported box for one of them to see how it sounds . I am going for 1.5 cuft - 2.0 cuft at 32-33 hz. heres the dimensions i have to work with ... width = around 44'' , depth = 8 or 9'' , and height = 13 1/2 '' unless i need to make it taller then i can go to the top of the window. Yes this is in a single cab truck but i am going to make this box work. I am going to lowes later to get some supplies so could someone please give me a complete list of the supplies i will need i have never tried to build my own box ... thanks

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3054
I remember you, you were the guy with the F150. Long time no see.
anyway, id go with a round port box with ports out of the box and on the top so it saves space.
anyway, heres what you will need:
sheet of 3/4 inch MDF
Liquid nails
Drywall screws (about 2.5 inches long)
clamps are optional, can make it easier
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=268-352
^^2 of those.
im assuming u got the tools.
dimensions of the box are
44 wide 19 tall 8.5 deep. this will be just .01 cubes over 3 cubic foot.
you will have to use both ports, use the directions in the box for the port. you will end up using the whole thing which will give you a tuning of right around 33Hz.
now if you dont feel like buying the precision ports(which i highly reccomend them) then just buy a thing of 4 inch PVC port from lowes and cut it to 17 inches long.
now note i made the dimensions of the box considering its a common chamber box.
all of my calculations were from www.the12volt.com if ya wanna mess around with em.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10176
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2398
alright thanks man and yeah i have the f150 , and thanks for the help man i have no idea what im doing with this but hopefully it will turn out okay

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2399
can you please give me dimesions that would give me about 2.0 cu ft at 32 hz ?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2400
im going to run to lowes and pick up the wood and other supplies and if someone would be kind enough to get me dimensions for 2.0 cu ft at 32 hz i would greatly appreciate it :-) lol if you can do that i will get started on the box as soon as i get back

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2401
one more question .... do you think i should center the subs and have a port on the top on each side of the sub or have the sub on the left side of the box and have the ports on the opposite side

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3057
casey...
hit me up on aim sumtime or post ur aim here and i will help you all you need
eclipsekeen54

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2402
okay ... well i tried it and well it turned out ... not the best but not what i was looking for . How much would one of you charge to build me a single 12'' ported box for my se
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us