Problem with AMP or Sub? HELP!

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 162
i have a 12" kicker l7 powered by kicker 750.1amp and today while the music was playing the bass started skipping some beats so i turned bass boost down all the way and also reduced gain and lowered bass response from my H/U..about an hour later while music was playing my bass completely stopped so i thought i prob killed a fuse but i went to check the amp and its peak power light was on...i just bought this amp and its the second/third day its been in use..
has the amp gone bad already? lol
or is it my sub dats been over powered? also lately my sub seemed like it was blowing out a lot of air (not air outta port but just sounded like it was pushin out air)
is my sub bad also?
lol some1 plz let me kno
thanks

Silver Member

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 165
bump*

Bronze Member
Username: Dnug

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 21
mine was doin that a while back, in my truck, but it was my very first system, blitz audio 12s, yuck, anyway, i unhooked everything and hooked it back up and it worked but later on about a week i ended up blowing the sub, the wire around the coil broke, so it was screwed, dont know in your situation but thats what happened to me, i was overpowering my sub bad, like 350 watts, maxed out to a pos blitz,, lol, hope everything is ok... latez

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 614
for one if u set ur gains right u wouldnt need a bass boost and for two it sounds like ur amp is shutting off on protect cause ur amp isnt supporting the ohm load u got going on..sound like u got a dvc2ohm l7 and ur ohm load might be 1 ohm and 750.1 doesnt have 1 ohm load although it should work, cause there decent amps i dunno only thing i can think of "gains check ur ohm loads"

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 615
and by "blowing air" sounds like its distorting u needa check ur gains set them right if u cant pay someone to at a local audioshop just make sure its done right.

Silver Member

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 171
well check this out...i have my gain a little lower than half way off/bass boost off/and from head unit in sub control it is on 50hz and on 0
i have a pioneer deh-5800mp
if that helps
would u give me a hand on setting sub controls?

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 616
well on the gain u have to do that..do it by ear try getting ur favorite song playing it on repeat set ur gain on ur subs to distortion back it off turn it up to where u want in on the hu and turn up to distortion then back the gain off a little should be fine and loud and if the ohm load is is at 2 ohm on ur sub then ur fine. other then that u can play with ur hu im not too fond of pioneers im more in the area of eclipse

Silver Member

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 172
is eclipse really that good?
before i heard they had really bad products but recently im guessing they have changed..
a lot of people are giving positive feedback on eclipse products...why is that? whats so good about them? just sound quality or are there features the eclipse has that other H/U's lack?

Silver Member

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 173
well my amp just went on protection mode...why is that?
this is my first install and i know for a fact that is done fine....no mixed up wiring and everything is clean
the subwoofer would play for couple of seconds and then the red light would come on meanin the amp is on protection mode
is there anything i can do or do i hvae to excange amp? its a kicker 750.1 powering a kicker l7 12"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us