Regular Cab Subs

Username: Ainokea

Post Number: 1
Hey all,

I am getting ready to purchase a new 07 regular cab Yoda Tacoma in about a couple weeks and I have been shopping around for a system. I have a budget of around $1500 and so far I am getting the following from a local dealer:

Alpine CDA9856
Focal components (not sure which model #)
2 10" JL Audio 10W3V2D2
and for my amp an Alpine MRPF450 4 x 70 watts.

So now I have a several questions to ask. First, are these JL audios right for the truck, I mean this is a regular cab? Second, should I stick with 2 subs or just go with one and save some money? Lastly, will that Alpine amp be adequate enough to power the system and can anyone tell me how the clarity is on this amp?

Thanks,
AinokeA

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3407
I talked to my friend that works for a box company, that box is no where to be found for 05 and up, it is a difficult box to make he said, that whyit is not out there. And the Mounting depth is shallow, too shallow for w3 subs. only like 5.25" He is going to double check this weekend by looking at a truck, and as far as the amp, it would be fine for the speakers, but i would run a 5 channel.

Username: Ainokea

Post Number: 2
Ty,

Great... looks like I get no bass with my new truck. Anyhow, in case a miracle does happen, should I stick with 2 subs or go down to one? I think I'm leaning toward a 1 sub setup simply because the sub is going to be right next to me. I just hope the sub can fit behind my seat.

AinokeA
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us