3-4K rms amps @2ohm ???

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 791
What amps can i get that will do 3-4K rms at 2ohms? I have earthquake phd5000 now but i want cleaner power for my next setup if i can find somthing better....

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 145
massive audio P3000.1. soliiiid damn amp. contact kevin holden on here he should be getting some in soon.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 794
Hmmm i looked it over it says it does 2680rms is it underrated, sound better then the earthquake phd5000 i know it has a higher THD then most amps.. how much do they run for? what about the D400x that looks nice for what im trying to achieve.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
2680 is at 12 volts, if you have a HO alt it will be 3000 or a lil more at 14.4 volts. you can get it for about 500 new on ebay or ask kevin holden on this forum (massive audio rep) and he should be getting some in later on. ive never heard anyone that has a D400x but im sure its great since massive makes it.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2199
or buy mine, it came from Low-hz and has never seen power

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
yeah killa pickup dok's. im sure you wont be let down. BTW the P3000.1 is CEA compliant so dont be worried about it not putting out its intented wattage

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 799
welll im going to need like 3 or 4 of them thats the thing... i might get a sweet deal doing it like that buy them all at once.. btw CEA compliant.. does that mean it has to be doing what it says or somthing... i dont kno much about the cunsomer electronic wayss that they go by lol.. one more thing are they power efficent? I dont want to go with Dual alternator setups cuz i cant find anyone to make brakets for me and i have no welding equiptment to make it myself... but i have plenty of space for extra batterys and all i got a 200A HO right now but im gunna get a 300A when i do this all.. You think the FI BTL's or DD 9500's can handle that ;) ..i seen on youtube steve meade was runnin 4 15' fully loaded BTLS with 25000rms from fosgate

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
i think youll be fine, but dammm what subs are you running if you need 3 or 4 P3000.1' s? anyway CEA compliant means they have been tested and put out the official wattage as claimed. and yes ive heard they are very efficient and considering they run at 2 OHM they should draw less current than the same wattage at 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2200
a 300 amp alt will not support 12,000 watts of current, your going to need dual alt setups and 5 or 6 batteries with 0 gauge runs to all of them, thats a huge project

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 800
well see heres the thing, i cant get the 2nd alt. setup... i will if i ever find a place to get me setup with it.. or somebody..... but until then i have no choice i cannot find anywhere\one to do it. Im not going to kill the crap outta the batterys like i will give the system breaks every once and a while to charge, i kno for sure i will end up running into a few problems at the 12K so im hoping to hit my goal with the 6K but if not 12 it is. It should pull somthing around 1200A~ right at 12K? BTW im going with kinetics best batterys to unless i find somthing better, but sofar i heard those r the best... :-/ any opinions on those as well as opposed to others such as optima yellow top

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
excellent choice killa BUT if you really wnat the best, go with 1 or 2 batcap 8400's. they retail for around $1000 a piece but there ESR is extremely low and it puts sumthin like 10k amps.

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 802
whats the floater Voltage on that batt. 16V?

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 803
And how long do you think i can pull that amperage from the battery for in a 12.5V+ area? with 6K\12K?

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
Amp Information
12 Volt - 9600 Amps

that came from their site

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 815
Can you find the floater voltage for those? Is it 16V?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1079
"Can you find the floater voltage for those? Is it 16V?"

You have a 16v alternator?

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 817
i can easily get one

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
im not sure i think its 13V, all the info is available tho at batcap.net

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 251
178,058.4 dB at 1 nanohertz! Blow everything up is what that'll do.

Same thing at 500 Terahertz!

hmm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us