Solo x or couple L7's

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 570
okay if u was me what would u get to put in your large SUV a couple or 15 L7's powered by an orion 2500 or a 2 ohm solo x 18 powered by a 2500 amp or 3000 which would be louder and which u think would people hear me coming down the road most? what would u get be4 christmas?

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 139
that solo X would hit harder than both of those L7's combined.......Your gonna go deaf.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2755
if i was you i'd stop looking at just kicker and go with something better. and why do you care so much if people can hear you coming or not? personally i buy audio stuff for my enjoyment and not to try and impress others.

but if i had 3000wrms to use i'd get a pair of dd 3512's and port them about 38-40hz. they will get really loud and have better sq than either of those kickers and better build. or a pair of havocs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 571
yeah i guess im just a kicker fan and everything but i know the sq will suck lol i just wanna get really loud and do u think 3000 rms is enough watts to get the 18 loud and hit hard? cuz i heard the only way for them to really hit hard is use kicker amps

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2756
you can use any amp you want, it doesn't have to be from the same company. taking a guess a dealer told you that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 572
no i just heard that from some people that heard it from someone that owned a solo x but o well so u think 3000rms will be enough for daily and be loud and hit hard

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2198
you could get the dual 1 ohm version and buy my Massive P3000

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 793
if it isnt buy 2 amps u can strap togethor or seprate amps to each VC

but then again if its like a kicker amp... from what i see on birth sheets... the output power ranges from like 1100-1625rms for just that one model.. i havnt seen others really but giving each vc different power... is my point... if you need more prolly wanna make sure you have a amp that can be strapped to another

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 148
go with the solo X, but be prepared to open the checkbook as you will spend a lot of damn money in electrical upgrades

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1762

quote:

but be prepared to open the checkbook as you will spend a lot of damn money in electrical upgrades

+1 for that trey. It doesn't seem like he really understands this.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 798
Your going to need atleast 2-3 0 gauge runs to the rear along with like ATLEAST 3 batterys depending on brand\specs ect... along with the H\O Alt. 300A alt... around 450$.... 0 gauge about 100-200 ( about 3 runs of positive and another dedicated ground to rear ) and maybe a cap... if you think its needed(not many people will use them..find em pointless waste of money)
Batterys around 200$ each
Your looking atleast 1000$ in electric upgrades to power 6Krms, if only 3K you shuld only need like 2-3 deepcycles with maybe 2 runs of 0, 1 might do depending on length, and a 200A H\O i can get locally for about 200$ so not sure of i-net price.. and if your not planning on getting these upgrades... dont waste the money on the setup cuz it isnt gunna sound like your expecting...(the power it says it puts out) The most you can really get away with on a stock setup is tops about 1k Rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 573
well i was plannin on gettin a 250 amp alt or 300 amp and that was about it but do i got to get a battery too? if im gonna go with the solo x

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
your battery is your sole source of power when the engine is off

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
couldnt i just use my stock battery with the new alt? or do i need to get another battery?

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
depends are you running your system with engine off? if so yes, and im not even sure that a 300 amp alternator will fully supply you all of your voltage needs with engine on
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us