Question for yanks fan

Bronze Member
Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 11
i read that you have a ssd. what size and how many? and did you build your own box? thanks just trying to figure out how much this is all going to cost me. I was thinking about getting 2 12" ssd and the zx1500.1 kicker amp do you think that will bump?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
for got to ask do you think there is a cheaper amp that will give enough power to get the full effect of the subs?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2187
Yanks, you should feel honored. We hope you have a respectipal response.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 609
yup you should...arent the ssd's dual 2? i could be wrong...if they are a zx wouldnt be the amp ud need a 1ohm stable amp

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2750
actually wouldn't he be fine cause 2 dual 2 wire to 2ohm. dual 4 pair would wire to 1ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 612
my bad .5, 2 ohm and 8 i was thinking 4ohmdvc

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1816
awesome, i am very honored to have my name in a thread.

i bought mine witht the flatwind coil for 210 total. the 12". i only got one. unfortunatly i couldnt tell yoou how they sound cuase i have not hooked mine up yet even after 2 months. long story with my car. but i got the dual 2 and am goiing to wire it 1 ohm to my hifonics bruts1206d. i wish i had got the dual 1 ohm and used a kicker 1000.1 at 2 ohms. but that wold have costed me a little more money so i went with the hifonics, good budget amp.
chase freeman i think on this site, actually has 2 ssd with the zx1500.1. and he says they souded awesome. i havent seen him n here since he posted the review so i doubt yuo'll be able to get a hold of him. but 2 ssds on the 1500.1 shuold sound awesome. btw, my box is 2.1cuft tuned to 33hz. i hope this helped yuo in some way.
let me know if yuo need anything else

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1817
oh, if your looking for a low price on a single ssd, i think the way to go would be hifonics 1206d. for 2 tho, go with the 1500.1 yuo want, yuoll be very happy with it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1827
^^*low priced amp* instead of low price ssd. ^^

but yea get 2 dual 2 ssds and wire to 2 ohms for the kicker 1500.1.
my amp and my sub costed a total of about $450 give or take $10. and get that amp even tho it may be a little more expensive than other amps yuo could get, do it right the first time and save yuor self some headache later on down the road. the kicker is a very well made amp.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 534
i have the same setup you want, 2 12' ssd and a kicker 1500... i love it, it sounds awesome, except for my box, which is a small sealed, i want a big sealed soon... go for it man, it sounds nice!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
would it sound better sealed or vented? what is the main difference between the two?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2192
ported would be louder and more punchy :-) .. sealed is good for a flat response

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2193
ported would be louder and more boomy :-) .. sealed is good for a flat response

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1829
id go ported with them imo

Bronze Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 67
wut kind of sq are those ssd's givin you?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1837
i dont have mine installed. car trouble. if chase comes back maybe he can tell you.

but they are supposed to retain pretty good sq. not as good as the q tho. thats what ive heard

Bronze Member
Username: Cadi_sittin_on_l7s

Indiana

Post Number: 13
hey i like to hear a kicker fan cuz thats what im all about. i dont like saying this but i dont like the kicker amp. it puts out extreme power but after a month or two the terminals on the inside tend to melt causing them to spark and eventually blow the amp or even fire.

i have a planet audio 1250 watt connected to two kicker 15" l7s. it does the job way better than my kicker amp and the planet audio comes with a 6 year warranty. best of all is the price. only $360

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Some one told me that you only need an amp with 75% of the subs rms so 2 SSD's has 1600rms would an amp with 1200 rms be enough. or any other amp ideas? need some because i don't know much about amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Cadi_sittin_on_l7s

Indiana

Post Number: 22
depends on quality of the amp.

a 4000 watt boss would look stupid compared to a jl 500/1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
what do you think about these options?
Kicker zx1000.1 rms=1000 2ohm cost 320
zx1500.1 rms=1500 2ohm cost 450
JBL FT01201,1 rms=1100 2ohm cost 290
Hifonics bxi1606d rms=1100 2ohm cost 250
bxi200d rms=1300 2ohm cost 350
****Sound Stream pac2000D rms= 1500 2ohm cost 400******** on ebay brand new for 300 or so

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2757
get the kicker 1500.1

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 535
oh man, amazing SQ, it sounds soo good... spend the xtra money and go with the zx1500.1 mine puts out 1605 wrms at 2 ohms. and those ssd's take it like it aint nothing! you wont be dissapointed!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1845
i agree with chase and ctmike

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us