Rate a Kicker L7 From 1-10

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

Post Number: 155
sups ppl
wht would you rate a 12 inch kicker l7 out of a 10...
right now im runnin 1 with a kicker 750.1 and it sorta pounds hard but i want something harder ....
open to suggestions but plz dnt forget the rate this sub as well to other out there and be specific to what you are comparing the rating with
thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
bump

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 142
well ive only heard the 10" L7's and i heard em at sh!tty city, in general the square kicker subs sound decent and if you have enuf airspace you can go ported and they are pretty loud with the proper enclosure. to me the overall feel is cheap SPL. i would rate the L7 in general at a 6.5 not bad for the money if you dont buy retail of course

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 554
spl=8 sq= 2 overall= 6

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2751
i'd give them an overall of maybe 5. they do get really loud for the money but the sq isn't good at all. plus they do have a pretty high failure rate from the cone tearing at the corners. have seen a few of those.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 696
trey u heard l7s at circuit city ... i find that hard to believe since they only have l5s on the showroom floor

ctmike is correct about the stress points however ... the new model the 07 has a different design at the corner which has slowed that down for the most part ... stress point isnt as exagerated...as far as sq well sq is subjective .. to one person it could be the best but to one it could be awful ... whatever u like u like ...

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 365
ive only heard the L7 15s and they pounded like hell but on the low notes they dont sound good but in the middle frequencies they arent too bad...my DD 12s actually get lower than the L715s

Username: Cadi_sittin_on_l7s

Indiana

Post Number: 3
hey ive had them all man. the kicker l7 is by far the best sub. sound quality isnt as great but for moving air and alot of it. kicker is the best. i guarantee its not the sub that sounds "o.k." its the box, find a better box and you will be impressed

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1417
oh boy. here we go.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1830
"kicker is the best"

thats a pretty bold statement

i hope yuo dont mean all around kicker is the best subs. cause that could cause quite a argument.

Username: Big_p_wit_tha_lincolns

Bad axe , Michigan Usa

Post Number: 1
my brother has two L7 12's in a ported box and a rockford 2400 and he is slammin in his 03' cadilac i rate his subs at probably a 7 out of 10

Bronze Member

Indiana

Post Number: 12
best for money i should say. personally the loudest i have heard is the old school memphis. i could argue about that one

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1840
i wasnt gonna argue with you. i was just hoping yuo werent saying that kicker is all around the best.

Bronze Member

Indiana

Post Number: 19
no ive had my troubles with kicker, especially there amps but for a descent budget, i havent found nething better in the 350 and under range. if you have anything better though i would love to check it out. i dont like keeping the same system for long

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1843
i dont know if yuor familair with some of these brands and if you are then i guess disregard them, but these are some real nice subs for about 350 or less

ficaraudio.com
ssd or Q

ddaudio.com
3512 or 2512

audioque.com
sd 2.5

stereointegrity.com
MAG D2

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 163
yeah they only carry the L5's on the floor. but one of my freinds used to work there and they were tryin to get me to buy L7's since they had a guy order them and lose his down payment and not afford to pay them off

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 753
I heard a 15 today in kicker's ported box they make... it was hooked up to a kenwood 1000 watt amp. It was clean bass, but I was shocked that it wasn't that loud.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 836
It's hard to beat a Kicker Solo X 18 as far as a single sub set up goes but...it can be done.It won't happen too easily but in general Kicker makes some pretty good SPL subs until you push them a lil and need a recone kit :-) So as far as a rating I give them an 8 for the SPL setup because of the failure rate.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9614
L7 imo = 1

Silver Member

Rotti Pit

Post Number: 180
lmao why?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2786
they pretty much suck, probably why he gave it a 1. they get loud but that is it. no sq at all imo, rarely, from my experience, can they handle rated power without tearing at the corners due to the shape. so much better out there for the money. what are you going for sq, sql, spl?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10811
i wonder if anybody will listen to what i have to say about them???? seeing that i use to own 4 of them........but whats the point...

gave each of them 1300-1500rms daily...no tears....and one important thing that people forget..sq is subjective...i may sound good to u and bad to me...also if ur front stage sucks...good luck with the rest of your system...

For the price...nothing can get louder given the same amount of power....I have heard tons of subs in there "correct" enclosure..and the only thing that was close was the RE SX..and the Pierce WMD..nothing else....

spl=9
sq =6

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10812
bump

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10813
damnit

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1421
they CAN sound okay in the right box.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 577
they are no sq sub to me they are just slp thats why i like them lol

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10815
any sub can sound ok in a great box..its all about install...

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 593
^ x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us