Big 3/Computer Problems?????????????????

Silver Member
Username: Avirex64

Vallejo, CA United States

Post Number: 210
Has anyone ever heard of people having problems with their computer after doing the big 3 upgrade? I was going to do it today but my friend said it will mess with my computer. Is this true?????? Will the big 3 do any damage do my car? I have a 2001 buick century

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1917
no because the big 3 is already done stock in just smaller wire...allowing more current with bigger wire couldnt do that.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3047
umm no
it will help it by allowing more current to flow when needed.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1404
if it did, then why have so many people done the big 3 and had no problems. just make sure your wire is air tight near the alternator.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
It is ran the same just smaller wire???? So all I am doing is running bigger wire right? But running it the same way right?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1406
leave the original wire that goes from alt to batt. and just add another wire to that mainly 0awg. Current will flow through the wire with less resistance but its a good idea to leave the original wire.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2469
if you have a HO alt. take off the original wire. you dont have to ground in the same place either.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
I dont get it! So the wire that is going from the batt to the alt leave it? but add another????

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1413
yup. if you leave the old ones then the current can pass through them as well. giving you more possible current.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
So leave the old ones but add new ones also? How can I connect all those to the battery terminal? I still dont get it sorry guys. I might jus have to have someone do it for me

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8189
if you don't have a ho alt then don't bother with upgrading the big 3 unless you are gonna do it yourself. not worth spending the extra money just to do the big 3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us