Is it possible?

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 441
If I have a stock alternator and a kinetic 1400 for the starter battery and a kinetic 2400 as the amplifier battery, could the alternator still be damaged when playing at full volume with 2500w RMS?

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 357
yes very much so i believe around 1000-1200 its time to upgrade to a HO alt

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1054
I've been runnin 2500 on my stock alt...drops to 12.3v at the most when idling. I've seen it drop to 11.9v a few times when ive sat still for a while and let ppl listen to it all the way up.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8164
jordan better get something to keep your voltage 13v+. you aren't seeing the full potential of that amp at those voltages.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3592
What kinda amp?

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 443
orion 2500d

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3595
I would definalty upgrade the alt.

Silver Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 444
im not worried about playing the subs full volume all the time. i just want to be able to get full power from the amp with out damaging the alternator. so would a kinetic 1400 and kinetic 2400 help? remember i dont daily drive 2500w rms i only push it that hard when i have to.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2462
yup definatly need an alt.

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 814
Isnt it anything under 12.5V can damage your car electrical system? Most amps are rated at 14.5V so you will see its full potential right at about 14.5V once it starts dropping under that the amp becomes less efficient. if its dropping down to 11.9 or 12.3 your not seeing (im guessing here) prolly about 100-200rms if not more depending on your settings and all.. and if the amp was up all the way and such. I dont think it would be a problem if you drive daily with it only pushing about 1Krms (check the power from the amp at various levels so you know what basic volume level is how strong) and only do the 2.5K for short amounts of time with the car off i dont think you would want to put that kind of load on the stock alt with it at idle expeccialy, and after powering the subs for a little while (not to long you dont want the battery going to dead...where the alt doesnt need to take forever to charge it again..less heat and such created in shorter time) you might be good.... but thats chancing it... i would go with atleast a 200A alt. What size power cables, you need 0 gauge
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us