Electrical system for FI Q's

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 135
well im running sum FI Q's and i can get a Kinetik HC2400 and keep my stock alt OR i can get a 160 amp alt and keep my stock battery but not both.(im runnin 3000 RMS) i do plan to get a big alt though once money isnt so tight. so what should i do guys??

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 809
get the batt now and save up for a bigger alternator later and just keep everything turned down till you get your new alt. do the big 3 also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
so when the vehicle is off can i turn the it up since its not using my alt ??

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 813
yeah

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
thanks ice T. another question, once my alternator has produced all the current it can, wont the batt pickup from there and start feeding my subs, and be able to play music at moderate levels when the car is on and alt is producing full amps?

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 814
I dont think it will just pick up from whats left over. I mean the alt is basically whats runnin the show when the car is on, so just be careful with it til you can afford a HO alt.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 465
running 3k RMS is alot... this is just my opinion, but i would wait and buy the HO alt with batteries at the same time

Bronze Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 13
Save up and get both. Getting one without the other is pointless, will just heavily strain the stock part. Keep in mind Volts x Amps = Watts, so in this case 3000 Watts/12 volts (approx) = 250 amps of current draw. It would be beneficial if you could get a bigger alt than a 160 amp. You would be better off IMO, with a bigger alt and a smaller battery than the 2400. Do you plan on running the system a lot with the car off? If not, you could go with like a 1400 and a larger alt.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2191
i think its a bad idea to run 3k with the car off period, especially with one battery even though its a good one, without a ho alt it would be a bad idea all around to try to use 3k

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3044
no dont play ur system off with 3k watts unless you have a battery bank with plenty of batts and a ho alt or you will drain ur batt FAST.
wait to get the ho alt

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
thanks guys situation cleared, talked to iraggi and im gettin a 240 amp alt soon, and then gettin sum high power kinetiks later. appreciate the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us