Can you blow out your window...

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 780
I remember sombody asking this b4 and the best answer they got was only that a window chipped from a comp.. unless it was added later but anyways.... IT IS POSSIBLE TO BLOW YOUR WINDOWS OUT!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxScxOaAuzY&mode=related&search=

170.9db took this one out in a matter of 2-3seconds

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2183
sometimes i wonder if i'll lose my window when i add my second SX...

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 787
im wondering the same with my next setup.... im going either 6000 or 12000 rms @2ohm in aa suv.... all the back area i need

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 316
I believe I seen on Roa a small size truck with kicker solo x 18's facing towards the windshield. It cracked the windshield, but didn't blow it out or anything. I am sure a lot of people have seen that video though, so its probably old news.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2187
I think my will come out of the seal rather than blow other.. it already leaks air with the single 15 setup I'm running

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 552
lol kevin mine leaks air too. just little like pin holes though

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1579
your door will fall off before your window. I've seen it. It takes a lot to blow out a window

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 597
kevin ur hitting 145's i just metered my setup on 800wrms friday i got 144.2 on the tl i was plesently happy on it...imagine when i get my flared ports and put it on my mm1400.1

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 619
1 of the windows fell out of my cousines dodge caravan. it didnt really blow out, just fell. hes got 2 12" kickers

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 789
I think they are basically screwed in for vans tho, well most the windows so that wouldnt be to hard, just take a time for the screws to loosen from the rattling. My whole SUV is one giant air leak the bass hits and you feel cold air from outside blowing across your face and body and stuff LMAO it sorta sux... cuz im a lil lazy and dont feel like stripping the car to nothing to sound\air proof the whole ride..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2188
actually im doing 146s now on the TL.. and thats only @ 42hz ;) .. i could easily get up into 147-148 with what i have now but ima just shoot for that 150 after i get my other SX in

Silver Member

IL USA

Post Number: 795
My next setup im hoping for 160's either 6Krms upto about 12Krms @ 2ohm.... i want to finnaly builkd a system i can fall in love with so i dont keep buy more and more stuff replacing the old stuff....LMAO that would be the day... thge day im completely happy with it all :-/ never!!!!! MORE SPL!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bose Are Lik...

Post Number: 2580
You do know don't you that you could perorate your drums with those silly and yet dangerous sound pressure levels!

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1760
Haha, I love the first comment somebody posted on that video!

quote:

yamakasi22 (2 months ago)
cool, we are putting 165 db subs in our car :P

Thats probably how loud the circut shA'tty guy said his car would get with an L7 in it...

lol... IDIOT!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bose Are Lik...

Post Number: 2581
Listening on the headphones it sounded dreadful sonic boom my foot! Is that it is that all it can do! They could have recorded the sound more clearly on that dreadful video with all the technology on hand today it sounded worse than a Vitaphone recoding system.

I'd sooner listen to aircraft taking off at Hern International airport and breaking the sound barrier at 750MPH!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us