Impedence Help

Bronze Member
Username: Mgbcs

Post Number: 18
I just opened up the loaded box I purchased that contained 2 P3 12" Rockfords. I found that they are 4-ohm DVC, which sucks unless you have a 1-ohm stable amp....which I don't. Anyway-I was confused by the wiring done in the box, so if anyone can help that would be great.

The positive of each voice coil was run to the positive of the chamber's speaker terminal. The negative of each voice coil was run to the negative of the chamber's speaker terminal. (Both chambers were done like this.)

What impedence would this be if hooked up to one amp? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1052
if u hookd 1 amp up to both subs like that itd be 1ohm if i understand you correctly. What ohm do u need to be at? 1ohm and 4ohm are ur options if its a mono amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Yeah it's a mono amp...it's the Kenwood KAC-9102D. I don't beieve it is 1-ohm stable. What would be the best way to get the most power to each sub? It's 1000W peak and 500W RMS @ 4 ohms, 1700W peak and 850W RMS @ 2 ohms. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4591
well, your amp does 500 x 1 @ 4

and each sub is 500 rms. so you would be underpowering them ALOT, but thats all you have to work with. you have to wire the subs together like this to the amp:

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
OK..that makes sense. I was just confused by the way it was wired when I purchased it.

I know I am underpowering them and that is why I wish they were 2-ohm cuz then I would at least have 850W to split to them. Thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 212
Could also be run at 1 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4596
the amp doesnt put anything out at one ohm. its not stable at 1

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
You could also get another amp and run each sub with an amp. Running each dual 4ohm voice coil sub off an amp will make each amp run at 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
I know this bassman3 but I was simply giving him his options because (2) dual 4 ohm subs can be run at many different impedences.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Get another kenwood (same amp you have now) and run each one to a sub and that will give you the 2 ohms you desire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Yeah I understand. I may get another amp at some point, but I don't have the money right now. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Uploadeach sub have its own amp
Uploadeach sub have its own amp
Uploadboth subs run with one amp
Uploadboth subs run with one amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us