Bandpass box?

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 304
ok i know getting a custom bandpass box built is expensive but is it supost to be as loud as a ported or louder? and is it supost to be as clean as a sealed box? what are the advantages and disadvantages to them? if any?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3543
I dont know if they get louder...but IMO they sound horrible..

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 540
people say ther gain a few db's over a ported box wich is true but they sound so terrible its not worth it.....they seriously can only play 1 tone....just build urself a nice ported box for about $15 in materials and if u do a good job it will be just as loud and sound a hell of a lot better than any bandpass box and you will save a ton ov $$$$$

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3765
a good built bandpass can sound really decent

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2730
i have no experience with them other than the ones they sell at bb and cc and from what i've read and been told, but supposedly if you REALLY know what your doing and you build it perfectly than 4th and 6th order bandpass boxes are supposed to be really great. but i guess there really hard to do and if you mess up even just a bit then it's shot.

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 305
im getting the shop to do a custom bandpass for my specific sub. the reason yalls sound like sh.it is cuz the box you had them in isent tuned to that sub. its harder to get it right with a bandpass box than a ported.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us