Subwoofer Comparison...Please help

Bronze Member
Username: Mgbcs

Post Number: 15
Hello. Currently I have a Kicker L7 12" sub that is powered by a Kenwood 850-watt RMS mono amp. I know this isn't the greatest setup, but it works for every day bass. Anyway, today I stubbled upon 2 12" Rockford P3 subs in a large bandpass box. I paid next to nothing for it. I was wondering what would be a better setup. The L7 or 2 P3s? I would still continue to use the Kenwood amp. I am looking for overall quality sound, not neccesarily more SPL or clean. Thanks!

Username: Logan123

Post Number: 5
well, if your looking for sq a bandpass box sucks. I would stay with the L7.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3542
ops...well, if your looking for sq, a bandpass box sucks. I would stay with the L7, even though is has almost no sq at all...

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Gville, FL

Post Number: 197
break the box, take out the P3s, put them in a sealed box. genius, i know...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Actually Ty I was strongly considering it. I just tried putting it in the trunk and it won't fit in the opening! So, now I guess the question is an L7 in a sealed box or 2 P3s in a sealed? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 287
Why not go ahead and make a new box for the P3's, then try both and see what you like better. then, which ever setup you decide to stick with, sell the other one and turn a little profit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
OK...well I guess that makes some sense. Where would the best place be to sell this kind of stuff. I know many people on this board are looking for higher end stuff. Should I just go to ebay or try it in the sale section here?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us