MTX Sub And Amp Help

I have two MTX 10" 4000 subs and a MTX 4122 amp. My deck is a JVC Kameleon KD-LX50. The deck has RCA sub outputs (L and R). I have cable from the output of the deck, to the input of the amp (L and R). The amp has two outputs (L and R). So, I wired one sub to the right side and one sub to the left side. Only the left sub works. I know for a fact all of the connections are okay. When I unplug one of the RCA cables from the amp, the bass is softer. It seems as though the power for both subs are only going into one. Any suggestions on how I can change that? I'd obviously like to have both subs working. I'd greatly appreciate any help I could get.

Derek
It sounds as if you have the amp set for bridge mode. There is a switch somewhere to set it back to stereo. With the amp off, flick it and turn your stereo back on.

Hope this helps.

The only type of switch is the xover (LP FR HP). I have it set to LP. The only other thing I can see in the instruction manual about bridging is the speaker terminals, but I don't have it hooked up that way as far as I can tell. According to the manual, bridging would only be a (R-) terminal and a (L+) terminal. But I have wires to all four terminals. I have R+ and R- to the R sub and L+ and L- to the L sub.

Derek
Try swapping the input RCAs first. If the sound does not swap subs, try swapping the sub wires. The sound should move from one sub to the other. If it does, one of your amps channels is blown. If it doesn't one of your subs is blown or there is an open somewhere.

Hope this helps.

I'll give it a shot, thanks alot.

zarathustra
hey man, if you cant get it working and think your amp is shot, MTX has excellant customer service. I sent two amp back a couple years ago. and they put new boards in both. Cost me 65.00 each one amp was the thunder 4300 the other was tlike the 2160 but four channel(4120 i think). They shipped both back in a few weeks and of course with new boards the subs were like new. In fact, Id say that they must have updated the amp for me cause the fuses in the newer boards had a higher rating. My 4300 came with 3-30amp fuses, and when it came back there were 3-35's. I dont know about other companies, but MTX rules in the customer service dept, and their products arent shabby either
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us