L7 or BTL

Bronze Member
Username: Rds2oo8

MN

Post Number: 22
L7 or BTL and why cause i dont know my friends got an L7 n its a loud as hell but ive never heard a BTL but i heard there nice what one would u pick?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1687
BTL all day.

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 23
is a BTL something everyone has or no?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1688
nah, chances are NO ONE at yuor school will know about it. or if yuor older, NO ONE at yuor work will have heard of it. then you can tell them what you have, they may be skeptical and think its bad, and then BOOM, blow them away.

its the other way around, everyone has kicker, no one has FI.

i myself have some stuff to prove with my SSD, ive been made fun of by a couple kids with some sh-t stuff and i cant wait to crap all over them

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 24
yeah cuz like i wont be getting my system prolly til like august :-( but itll be worth it just in time for my senior year :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 522
a btl would crap all over a L7 plus they can handle over twice the power an l7 can......BUY A BTL!!!! ha by the way what part of mn r u from rob?

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 25
will 2 15" BTL's shake my rear view mirror? n will i be able to understand the lyrics?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3524
lol will 2 15" BTL's shake my rear view mirror?. It will prolly make it fall off.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2719
i think 2 will shake your mirrors quite nicely. and you'll be able to understand the lyrics cause you will have to upgrade the rest of the system so when you do get a nice set of comps. up front. what kind of vehicle this all going in and do you have a charging system that'll be able to handle all this?

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 26
a 94 seville with alpines rear n back lol i live in north st paul

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
HAHAHAhahaHAHHAH well it will shake a hell of a lot more than just ur rearview mirror....i got a 600w soundstream that shakes the shiz outta my mirror and ru talking about 4 times the power and a hell of a lot better quality than mine....also unless you upgrade ur mids you probly wont hear anything but bass....

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 27
2 15" FI BTL's
2 orion 2500D
Alpine SPX-177R front and rear and cross overs

for $2273

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
nice....you wont be dissapointed with a btl if you feed it enough power...........i live kinda out by coonrapids and blane

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
if u got the $$$$ go for it but remember u gotta upgrade ur charging system

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2720
might as well add about $350-500 on to that budget for charging system upgrades. and a 4 channel for the speakers.

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 28
oic sweet cuz like i dont know sh*t about hooking stuff up lol so i might need someone to help me so what type of charging system should i get and 4 chanel thing lol?

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 575
Yea, I actually got to hear 4 BTLs in a wall in an Astro Van yesterday at the comp. They get really loud. Can't speak too much on the sound quality, cause the guy wouldn't play anything but test tones! Plus, I really don't care too much for walls or Astro Vans!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2721
well you should get the biggest ho alternator you can. maybe a dual alt. set-up if possible. upgrade the big 3. replace the starting battery and add a few more to the system, maybe 2-4. i think the rule is an extra battery for every 1000-2000wrms but not 100% on that. personally you should get a really nice component set for the front and a good 2 channel amp to run them and either leave the stock rear speakers in and leave them running off the hu or just take them out (will help port the rear and allow more bass into the cabin). and sound deadner, you're going to need to install alot.

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 29
yeaj idk how to install anything but im sure it aint that hard

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 30
do any of u got aim? my sn is RDS2OO8

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10152
it doesnt take much 2 shake ur RV mirror since my pair of Infinity Ref 6.5" Comps in my front doors amped by themselves do it ............

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1696
my stock speakers in my car shake my rear view. not a whole lot but it does do it. but thats when i have it on max. i love the terrible sounding distorted suond of stock speakers. and if yuor wondering, no i dont always have my speakers on max or anywhere close to it cause it suonds terrible, not saying lower sounds great but i can actually listen to it without it being completly terrible sounding

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1372
your going to spend a good 1000 on your charging system. to get two btls and power it that much your going to spend a lot of money!

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 31
oic cuz i those component speakers were 250 for rear n front n the crossovers :-)

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 32
so how much money total do u think ill need 2 get all the stuff to get my system?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8119
"2 15" FI BTL's
2 orion 2500D
Alpine SPX-177R front and rear and cross overs

for $2273"

i like this setup you have in mine. sounds familiar.

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 33
yeah but do i really need a charging system? and a bigger alternator?

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 35
do u think i rele need a charging system and a bigger alternator cause i dont rele wana break the bank to get a nice system cuz idk if i can pay 3 grand lol casue i want it b4 next years school starts

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2724
total for everything
$2273 for the stuff you posted
$150-200 front comps
$150-200 amp for comps
$50 for supplies for box (if making yourself)
$50 wires
$400 ho alt.?
$400 batteries?
$100 sound deadning

about $3573 figuring low. probably more though.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8122
yeah you do need a charging system. i have a 260amp ho alt with 2 batteries and still feel i need more.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2725
don't even think of this setup without getting a upgraded charging system.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8124
ctmike gots it all figured out. lol. nice.

btw i am thinking 2 rf t30001 for my btls. i think it will be insane with those amps.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1379
50 dollars in wires. He'll need 0awg so he'll be spending more than 50 forsure, plus fuses, and fuse holders, rca wires if he doesn't have any. Yeah man, plan it all out before you proceed. I broke the 5K mark just about a few weeks ago.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2726
i was figuring low. plus i haven't looked at wiring prices for awhile, been getting mine free for the last year:-)

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1381
didn't mean to be on your azz or anything. because yeah just have to make him realize it's going to be expensive, even the wires!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2727
didn't take it that way at all. he's probably looking upwards of $4500+ i'm thinking.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8127
yeah i got about $5500 invested in my system. not to mention the stuff i am not using and the stuff i changed out by selling it for less than half price. damn.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1382
actually I don't know how much my system cost me lmao. I just figured 5k. but yeah, 4.5k sounds more like reality. thats if he doesn't blow his money on good comps and then some.

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 36
yeah cuz like ill get it one by one lol car cd deck subs amps n then on from there lol

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2728
it is best to get everything one by one. i'd start with the charging system and sound deadning and work your way back.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1384
you sure you want all that power lmao. Was the L7 the loudest you heard. did he have one or two? and what size. because your about to go from pinches to knockouts.

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 37
oic k so should i go from most expenseive to least or the other way around? but 1st ill get teh car then the deck n the go from there

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 38
would i still need a charging systems n new altornator if i got 2 12"s instead of 15s

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1387
It doesn't matter what size subs your getting. It all depends on how much power your going to run to them. if your running anywhere from 100rms-1000rms your okay, 1000rms-2000rms you need to do some type of charging upgrade. Any more power than that and your going to need some type of alt and batt combo to keep your voltage stable. Yeah man, car audio isn't cheap.

Bronze Member

MN

Post Number: 39
cuz i was hoping i could get it all b4 school starts next year but maybe itll go a lil into next year say december? do any of u have aim?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us