Whip Audio ???

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1480
Anyone ever heard of Whip Audio? I was in the shop the other day and this guy installed 2 6" midrange Whip audio speakers. Man that was the loudest set of speakers I ever heard. Like scraeming loud, hurt my ears to be near it. Were running off 110wrms. From what I can find out, they are a knock off of Beyma 6' midrange, but half the price. Anyone else encounter these things? I think they are popular in NY City. Home of the Knock-offs.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1496
whip it good...

Username: Jnyce

Post Number: 1
TRUST ME WHIP AUDIO SPEAKERS ARE ONE OF THE BEST SPEAKERS OUT THERE NEXT TO EV'S BUT THATS TO MUCH MONEY ANYWAY BUT THEY ARE KNOCK OFFS OF THE BEYMA BUT THEY HAVE GOT TO BE THE GREATEST SPEAKERS I EVER DEALT WITH I HAVE 6 IN MY CAR RIGHT NOW AND IT SOUNDS GREAT

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2140
Just found these pics.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 758
does anyone have a website, wehre i can look at these at>??

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2144
Thats it ^^^^^. Its on the web, Its at a site, what else do you want?
Says they are 100wrms, 200max. They are a svc and come in 4 or 8 ohms. Also a 6" midrange driver. Typicly sell for $70-110 each.

If you find a site. Post it here. Thats the best I can do after looking for a while. I did find one site that listed them, but were OOS, or something, cause it said unavailable right now or something. I can get em localy in MA new for $90 each. Ima gonna get some soon....

That pic was robbed from a posting on NY Craigslist. $140 a set used.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2154
ttt

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 772
thanks man

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2217
http://www.dpcauto.com/manufacturerContents.php?manIdForContents=55

They got Beyma too. Cheap

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2377
Stopped by Sound Quest Audio shop in Worchester MA today. Dude is putting 14 of the Whip 6.5's in his ride, Also 4 15's. That thing is gonna be loud. Anyone interested in whips let me know, I will give you his number. Good price on em too.

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 210
damn never heard of them but will do some research

Username: Bladehines

Bowling Green, Kentucky

i am looking for these too. plan on doing 4, 5.25's in each door along with 4 tweets in each door. in my 2000 isuzu hombre

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 429
Hey Marc what's the price on a set of 6.5's? I'm about an hour from Worcester so if it's a good price I could drive out.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2473
I think hes getting about 70-75 a piece. Well worth it. Im going to get me a few pairs soon too. Did I say he putting 14 of em in his show car???

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
Sounds like a deal to me. I will probably go pick up a pair or two if I don't find anything better soon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
Marc, what amp was the guy using for his 2 comps when you heard them?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2475
Think he had a kicker 200, or a autoburn something, but it was only 100 watts to each and it screamed. His shop is on Chandler street. Nelson is his name. Mention my name and get 10% off too. Marc, The Van Man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
That's a joke right?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2503
What? Mention my name for discount, No joke.

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
Oh, alright, I'll keep that in mind.

Username: 813customs

TAMPA, FL USA

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR WHIP AUDIO JUST LET ME KNOW I SELL IT @ MY SHOP & I CAN SEND IT TO YOU IF YOUR INTERESTED I CARRY THE FULL LINE FROM 2" TITAINUM TWEETS 6.5" MID 8" MIDS AND 10" MIDS THESE THINGS ARE NUTZ GIVE ME A CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

813-933-4300
JOE

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8398
STOP YELLING!!!

Does that brand make subs?

TAMPA, FL USA

Post Number: 2
LOL no they dont . only loudspeakers if your looking for serious subs i carry oz audio , atomic ,zapco & almani

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8413
Well my next project involves a small driver. Small meaning 4-6". I'm looking for a driver capable of subwoofer frequencies in a smaller size, or as close to it as possible. See this link and you'll know what I'm after!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49d6LapRYM&mode=related&search=

TAMPA, FL USA

Post Number: 5
i can definatly help you out with that atomic makes a great 6.5" and 8" woofer i can have them custom make you a set if you want just tell me what you want it todo like power handleing and freq. responce ect.ect . what kind of car do you drive?

Bowling Green, Kentucky

what kind of price do you have on the 6.5's?

and is there a smaller mid, maybe like a 5"?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12573
Can i get some specs on those whip 6.5 mids??? Im very interested.

TAMPA, FL USA

Post Number: 6
they are 8 ohm but they come with a non polarized capasitor so the amplifire dosnt see them so you can put as many as you want and not have to worry about your amps imepedants level they are 100 watts rms and 200 max they have a high db rating of 103 1watt 1 meter these things scream i sell them for $70 ea. i dont know what shipping would be to alabama but i can find out and if you want more than 2 i can give you a better price

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2697
Whip is now making Bullet Tweeters. Very similar to the beyma.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6524_Beyma+AST-05.html

Anybody looking for some? Contact Nelson at SoundQuest In Worster MA. Best prices on Whip stuff period.

Username: Itsmcfly32

Fairmont, Wv Usa

Hi Well You all should check out Www.WhipsAudio.Com I am sure your going to like it

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 386
I know its a kinda stupid question, but what paticular speakers out there can these be ranked with. Ya know, like brand and model maybe ? I just want to know what league the speakers are in. Everyone knows there are many levels of "great speaker". There is "great speaker", and "great for the price" . . .

Im about to buy a set of 5-1/4 comps, so I am looking to get something nice, but not SUPERB.

TAMPA, FL USA

Post Number: 7
this line of speakers are not like others i guess the closest thing to them would be beyma or b&c but.... If your looking for a sound quality speaker then this line isnt for you Its a very clean sounding loud speaker but in the 6.5 its very tonaly limited . it has no or barely any suround so as for getting real accurate vocal bass its not gunna happen you'll have to step up to the 8".using it for a mid-range and it screams. I'm actually building an all whip truck as we speak its gunna have 10) 10" on the back wall along with 10)2" bullets and as for the doors im going with 5)10's in each as well as 2)2" bullets in each door. as for bass its got 4)12" atomic apocolyps d4's . if you need anything just give me a shout @ my shop 813customs.com

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2926
hey joe. What kinda of wattage you plan on feeding those bullets with? And do you have any pics?

TAMPA, FL USA

Post Number: 8
i'll post some pics in few days . as for the wattage on the tweets im using a oz audio va 50.4 its gunna run 22 tweets and 10 horns . gotta get creative with the wiring lol.....update ive stepped it up to 5 tweets in each door and 2 in the dash.

Username: Itsmcfly32

Fairmont, Wv Usa

Post Number: 3
Www.WhipsAudio.Com
WhipsAudio.Com Offers Top Name Car Audio Like Rockford fosgate audiobahn jvc sony kicker phoenix gold kenwood clarion mb quart car alarms cd players mp3 Amplifiers an much more Www.WhipsAudio.Com

Username: Kronickz

I want some bullet tweeters like the beymas. How much?

Bowling Green, Kentucky

well i just bought some Whip 8" mids from DPCauto.com

Fast shipment products look awsome!

here is a few pics:

Upload
Upload
Upload

Bowling Green, Kentucky

Post Number: 4
i bought four 8" mids for 208.80 shippied.

TAMPA, FL USA

Post Number: 9
the bema knockoffs are about $60 pr.

where can you get them for $60 a pair? Let me know a.s.a.p.

TAMPA, FL USA

Post Number: 10
you can gettem from me give me your address so i can see what shipping is

Bronze Member

TAMPA, FL USA

Post Number: 11
how many do you need

Username: Hcgarcia

MonterreyMexico

Post Number: 5
[...they come with a non polarized capasitor so the amplifire dosnt see them so you can put as many as you want and not have to worry about your amps imepedants level]

What is the capacitor rating?

Post Number: 4
How much for 4 and how much for 2?

Post Number: 6
How much for 4 and how much for 2?

Username: Defiant1

Lutz, Fla Hillsbrough

I'm looking for a website 2 find out more about WhipAudio anyone out there know of one????

Username: Defiant1

Lutz, Fla Hillsbrough

Ooh by the way Joe at 813 was very informative, I would recommend that anyone in the Tampa, Fla area go to this guys shop for work, he will be working on my 2004-GMC-Sierra in the next few weeks, I've seen his work and it's kick Azz.... His shop did a truck close to the make and model of my truck a chevy and man Whoa!!!!!

Username: Mostly_highs

what about eminence speakers i know they aint as good as whips but half the price i have 4 and have good sound quality just wondering what anyone else thought of them

Username: Loudazzaltima

Brooklyn, NY

whips are freakin great i have 4 of them and they really sing, but i dont know why the cost u guys so much, they run for about 35-40 each in ny
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us