2awg kit

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 780
ne one know of a good site to buy a cheap 2awg kit off of...ive seen a few on ebay but theres not that much of a selection, also if possible i would like distro blocks included (not that important)....

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10792
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustic-KIT-2G-Gauge-Amp/dp/B000165DRS

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1068
PA's kit isn't 2 ga.
I e-mailed their CS.
They couldn't get them to say specifically that it's smaller than 2 ga, but they said if I really need the current carrying ability of 2 awg that I should probably look somewhere else.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 781
thanx opti, should i jsut keep checking ebay or are there ne online stores that would have a 2awg kit fairly cheap...?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2396
just go for 1/0

knukonceptz.com check the KLM its only 1.75 a foot i just orderd some

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5808
Killer why don't you just buy whatever length you need from an audio shop? You'll have better choice in quality selection.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 782
ok, to mat someone told me that it would be overkill to get 0awg for what im gunna be running 1400rms, 1/0 is smaller then 0 right? would it be beneficial to go with 1/0?...
and Isaac i jsut figured it would be cheaper to buy a completer kit instead of buying everything seperately, like the 0awg power/ground(prob like 20ft) the distro blocks, the anl fuse and holder, the rca's and remote wire(already have a few sets of rca's and lots of remote wire, but it would be nice to get more) and all those little extra thigns like the terminal rings and grommets....wouldnt it be cheaper to go with the kit Isaac, i dunno cuz ive always bought kits instead of buying it seperately

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2404
it wont be overkill. the 1/0 going to have less resistance then the 2g. 1/0 is the same as 0 ones just awg and the others guage.

the KLM from knu is a good deal though.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5809
Killer, I know it's not cheaper, but you do get to select the best options.
Think about it, just how much do you save vs getting quality parts from the beginning?
As you can tell, I'm into quality over quality/price.
It's not likey you'll be installing every year. It's an expense that occurs once, if you do it properly.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 783
ok, i was jsut under the assumption that wire was wire, like ive heard on hear b4, but when you think about it, it would make sense to get good wire when im gunna invest money in getting a quality amp and other quality equipment, so that said, does the wire brand matter or more so what should i be looking for when buying wire to make sure its quality, im not sure what the shops around here have but i think they carry stinger(which is the only name i can remember from going there b4 but theres quite a few shops so ill shop around for the best deal)should i also get 0awg for my big 3(i did the big 3 in my s10 and its only 4awg) and also for the fuses would a 150amp anl fuse be good(ne brands i should look for), ones last question i saw the 3 diferent 1/0 on the knukoncept site and they were all different prices and the KLM mat suggested being the cheapest @ 1.75, now is there much of a difference between the three?...sorry about all the questions but i jsut want to be sure if im gunna be spending quite a bit on this new setup (well quite a bit for a 18 year old student lol, gunna be a nice step up from my 10"cvr's and a8002t)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2417
ok the stinger wire is pretty expencive.

the wire knu has are the kolossus which is over sized 1/0 pure copper made for alot of current. then there is the whatever its call which is standard pure copper 1/0 now then ther is the KLM which is copper clad aluminum which is slightly bigger then normal 1/0 but in runs under 20-25ft are exactly the same a running normal 1/0

so really the KLM is the best bet. people (chauncey)say wire is wire, well it is to a very short extent. the thickness and material of the wire is a huge factor.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 791
thanx alot matt, ill check out what the local shops have and then depending on what the price difference is ill grab the wire that comes out to a better deal...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us