Kintetik batt question????

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 785
I have a 98 chevy malibu and am getting ready to do the big 3........now I have a stock battery and am only running like 700 watts total but my lights kind of dim and when I go to start my car, its kind of slow at doing so. So my question is, would a kinetik start the car quick like a redtop but be deep cycle like the yellow top or what???

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 122
ive heard they are deep cycle but the low resistance makes them provide power fast like a cap, their fairly expensive but most ppl i talk to like theirs. if your pushin 700 rms id put in a HC800 or possibly a HC1400 to be safe. but yes in theory they are suppose to be deep cylce and quick discharge

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 797
ok yeah I was lookin at the HC800 and just want some opinions first before anything.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2388
hc800 will be fine, get it from million buy off ebay 120shipped is what i payed for mine. great tiny little batt.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 798
are you sure that will be enough? I mean it seems so small I guess it just kinda worries me.........but 120 shipped for a nice battery like that is a steal. how would an optima blue top be??? says its a starting battery and has lots of Cranking amps so how would that be? its only 150 shipped

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 799
http://www.millionbuy.com/opt1000m.html

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2405
id still take the hc800 over that. and it starts my car no problem so....

but if you have the extra cash you can get the 1400 even though you dont really need it

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2406
but if it drops past 32* outside i might go with that blue top starter

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 800
ok but you live in florida and I live in ohio where right now its not so cold but when it gets cold my car is hard of starting......hmmm maybe I will get the hc1400 just to be safe and if I ever upgrade my system, I will be fine.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2412
yeah if it gets cold then either the 1400 or maybe just a red top because they do have high CCA which would be good for you in the winter. trell has some for sale i think like 60 or 80$ so id see about getting one from him

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 801
what about this battery?????????

its a yellow top and fits in my stock location and is only 145 shipped on ebay

Stinger SPV44 Dry Cell Battery

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2413
its only 550CCA and for 145 i wouldnt get it. get a red top and if need be put a hc800 in the back because the redtop has 800CCA which will start your car no problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
is there a way to make sure that my batt up front is just responsible for the main electrical system, and my batt in the back is the next inline to power my audio equipment (once alternator amperage has peaked) rather than my audio system feeding off of my starter battery up front? thanks guys

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2424
yes there is trey it is called a battery isolator.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
are they expensive? i need one that can handle 2500+ RMS any suggestions?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2429
they arnt cheap maybe 200$ i dont know to much about them really. i guess look on google and ebay for one. you wnat one with a amp rating of a little more current then your pulling
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us