How is this going to work?-=-=-

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 566
okay im gettin a solo x 18 that is dual 2 ohm and im gettin 2 2500 orion amps to power this baby up but here the ? how am i goin to hook both amps up to this sub so it can see 5000k watts

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 565
hook one amp up to each voice coil

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 523
1 to each vc. its not 5000 watts its watever it does at 2ohm x2. just make sure u set the gains the same.

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 524
d@mn it spl!!!!! lol u got to it 1st

Silver Member

Post Number: 567
oh so u mean it wont see 2500 watts on each coil so it wont do 5000k watts on the sub if there is a way tell me how

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
oh so u mean it wont see 2500 watts on each coil so it wont do 5000k watts on the sub if there is a way tell me how

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 527
you cant w/ that vc configuration ull just have to put 1 to each vc if u get that setup... wat does the amp do at 2 ohms?

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 528
ull get like 3400-3500wrms

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 148
thats probably a good thing because the solo x 18 cannot take 5000w for daily even though it says its 5000w rms

it is VERY important to make sure the amp settings are the same when using 1 amp per coil

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2127
Wow guys. Competing on who helps first? Quick responses, both of you...Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
well what amps do 2500 watts at 2 ohm's?

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 150
tyler...whats the purpose of the solo x 18...competition, daily, or both?

if competition then 5000+ watts is fine

if daily then shoot 3000-4000(tops)

have you considered the electrical system?? defiantley need an ho alt and depening on its size, a deep cycle battery or 2

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 149
a massive p.3000.1 does 3000 @ 2 ohm if you have the electrical upgrades to handle that

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 574
imo i would not do 2 amps on one sub its too hard for someone who dont really know what there doing to set everything perfect...id only use 2 amps only for burping and comps other then that daily and some comps id go with one amp like joe just said massive would be my best bet for that sub

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 150
Get a dd z1 like me 3000rms at 1 ohm lol

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 777
If its a DAUL 2 OHM then why just get ONE amp that does like 3000@2ohm ?? Just get a DUAL 1 OHM soloX18 and 2 earthquake 10000w\2 amps strapped togethor with the sub in series to be 2 ohm, the amps will do about 6000rms to it at 2ohm, just watch how loud you turn it up so you dont over power them to bad..

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 151
Earthquake dont really back there products anymore i read an article of someone that used there amps and earthquake made promisses to him they didnt keep like haveing a tech at a comp since he was haveing truuble with there amps took 4 months for his amp to get fixed and a bunch of other problems anyway the z1 is 3000 rms at 1 ohm and was told peoples been getting up to 5k rms on the amp

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL USA

Post Number: 784
I will easily admit EARTHQUAKE CUSTOMER CARE SUCKS and ther techs dont know SH!T!!! THey went and told me my PHD10000w/2 was 1 ohm stable... what happend at 1ohm? It burned the fu<k out.. and i had 2 of those amps btw they both were ran at 1ohm... until finaly i asked earthquake again why im having troubles and they told me it is 2ohm stable minimum and would not do anything about the tech that told me otherwise (i forwarded original email stating what he told me back and fourth) but i got yet ANOTHER earthwuake but this time a phd5000 and have had NOT ONE PROBLEM with it and been running it for about 3 months for hours at a time, on top of that it took me about 3 hours of steady bumping until it finnaly went into thermal protect.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3434
kicker 2500.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us