Question About the 2006 RE Audio SX 15" Subwoofer

Username: Thunderbird_classics

San Lorenzo, California United State...

Post Number: 5
Hello, My friend got ahold of the new 2006 RE Audio SX 15"'s. He ordered two of them, but now, saying after he hooked one up, that is all he will need, and is selling the other one brand new in the box. I am very interested in it, as my setup took a dump (i'll have you tell you the story later, but its a very interesting one). But anyways, this 15 inch woofer is a dual voice coil 4OHMS. Is this a good subwoofer for both SPL and SQL, as I am trying to look for a woofer with a mix between both, as I listen to every type of music. (Death Metal, Hip Hop, a mix of everything). Are these made strong, I never really herd much of them, and I herd that they are a b*tch to order.. Just though I would ask, I tryed doin a little research, but am very busy during the Christmas season. If anyone knows any info about these, and if this is a good one for me to get, please let me know! Thanks for everyone who read and help! =D

Bronze Member
Username: Gaige99

Post Number: 44
if that doesn't work out for you let me know i have 2 2005 12" xxx's that will probably be louder and sound better than one sx that i need to get rid of

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2172
If he hooked it up.. and you listened to it you could be the judge for yourself about it SPL-SQ .. and yes its a great sub for SPL but still sounds pretty decent.. but now are you sure it is a DVC 4 ohm? I ask because I've never seen anything but DVC 2 ohm for an SX unless you have one special ordered for DVC 1 ohm..

Btw.. if your looking for an amp I'm selling the amp I used to power my SX 15" :-)

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 564
The sx is a great sub like ^^ (dont know what to call ya anymore lol) ill say kevin... its a great sql sub leaned more to spl and i would buy it if he gave u a good deal on it and no i dont think its 4 ohm most likely dvc 2 ohm but yeah overally great sub and Kevin has a great amp for it :-)

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 526
i have an sx and it gets loud and sounds good. but its really wat u like... its a personal opinion.

Username: Korpseofdeath

San Lorenzo, California United States

Post Number: 1
Thanks for all your input. For the record, my buddy lives 10 miles away, so I havn't herd the system yet. He said its brand new in the box and is selling it for $270.00 How does that deal sound to all of you out there? Should I go with it or keep shopping around? Also, Gaige99, please send me an e-mail, i'll post my e-mail below, and let me know a little about those subs, and how much your lookin to let go of them, as I finally found the RE website, the XXX's pretty damn savage. Thanks for all the help everyone!! =D

KorpseofDeath@gmail.com

(Sorry, Death Metal fan here!)

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1906
270 is a really good deal if its brand new.

Post Number: 2
I'm thinking of getting it then, Does anyone know any good spec's idea's for a box? Just to recap its a 15" SX Dual 4OHMS (Yes, it was custom made that way). What cu.ft should I create my box to, and what Hz should I tune to?

Post Number: 3
Also, I know the PEAK is like somewhere 1000 Watts, but I don't remember what the told me the continous RMS wattage is, if anyone knows that, that would be great, as I am starting to look for an amp right now. =D

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2179
Damn.. sucks that it is a DVC 4 ohm sub.. box I run mine in is 4cu.ft after displacement tuned to 35hz.. the RMS on that sub is actually 1000 but I've been running mine daily on 1800rms.

i really wish it was not a DVC 4 ohm.. can't sell you my amp now :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
For the box, should I got 2 results. When I entered the driver information of the subwoofer in this box calculator, I got a 3.76 cu. ft. box and a 29.31Hz. Now on the website, it says Compact 3.0@35Hz Optimal 4.0@34Hz.... Which should I do..?

here is the link to the box calculator
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=25&Eh=20&Dia=9&Xmax=22&Vd= 0.18&NumW=1&Vb=&Fb=&Qts=0.38&Vas=4.46&Fs=27.8&CE=0

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1752
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4915

WELL, I would say that 270 is a DAMN GOOD price, you got a nice friend!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us