Is this a rumor?

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 163
i heard a rumor about 12 inch subs and 10 inch subs. it was like...that 12 inch have a better chance of blowing then 10 inch cause of the surface area. and they pretty much beat the same??someone tell me plz

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1902
thats one retarded rumor. 12 will beat harder of the same sub beacuse it has more cone area

=it pushes more air.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3475
who told you that?

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 166
a dumbazz friend

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9585
actually, larger subs handle the power better than smaller subs due to the larger amount of moving mass subjected to the motor's electromagnetic force. this can be counteracted with a larger, stiffer suspension and more/stiffer spiders.

but you already knew that...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2680
muddy your only talking maybe 50-100watts, if you really wanna up the power without having problems the vc needs to be bigger.

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9595
well. considering if the sub has a 3" and you have both a 10" and 18" version. the 18" will have an easier time handling the power if the stiffness to power ratio remains the same. like not using stiffer suspensions in a smaller driver etc. but you are right, to really increase power handling you need a bigger vc/ or more and larger windings.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 586
lol..it doesnt need to get complicated and nerdy..just let em know no the 12 will have more surface area then the 10 which means giving the same or more power the 12 will be louder :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8182
another way to increase power handling that you nerds didnt mention is the enclosure:-) A 10 ported v2 a 12 sealed would not necessarily be much different in terms of output. Just thought I would throw in that loop:-)

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9596
i am sorry you don't understand SPL Choice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us