Arc Audio Set Up.

Username: Nathanscott

San Antonio, TX United States

Post Number: 3
I have been reading lots of information on this site the past year to help me determine what kind of set up I wanted to do for my system. I have been out of the car audio thing since 95. I wanted to thank everyone for their information and experience. I decided to to with some of the Arc Audio equipment because I have read a lot of good things about them and was trying for a SQL system. I also have been a fan of Chip Foose so I decided to to with his signature series and found a dealer here that I feel like is giving a good price. I currently have for my system:

4 FD12D4 12" Subs
1 FD1200.1 Mono Amp
1 Pair FD6000 6.5 Components (front)
1 Pair FD5025 5.25 Coaxials (rear)
Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP (bought a few years back)
1 Audio Control EPIC-160 (on order)

I plan on purchasing the following very soon:

1 FD4150 4 channel amp
1 Audio Control EQS Equalizer
1 Audio Control 6XS Crossover
1 Audio Control MATRIX
1 Clairon MAX67VD

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with some of the mentioned equipment? I forgot how addicting this can be!!

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4574
i havent even heard of chip foose

the AC eq, cross and MATIX is an excellent choice of equipment.

arc audio makes good amps, but their subs not so much. i would get some better subs. and some better comps

instead of getting 4 subs, just get 2 good quality ones :-) not to say they arent good quality, theres just alot better out there

Post Number: 4
From a lot of reading the past year both the amps and subs were on recommended or highter lists. I know that there are a bunch of other better subs out there, but was set on 4 and though I would give them a try since I went with their amp. The components were a good price and I am very happy with the way they sound. I was a fan of the Audio control stuff in the past and figured they might still be good. Thank you for your advice.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4580
i still would get diff subs. i dont know what lists you have been reading off of, but there are wayy better sq oriented subs out there. 2 15" SI Mags, or 2 FI q's would rip those apart

Post Number: 5
I did a lot of reading over the last year from a few different forums. This is just what I started with so far. I know that there are different subs that are better.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4585
i know man. im just trying to help you out, cuz if there re better out there and that are cheaper, wouldnt you want those?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4586
bump

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 778
havent heard of chip foose......... OMMFG!!!! does nice f(_)ckin work, nice damn work

Bronze Member
Username: Audiostud

Stillwater, OK USA

Post Number: 56
how can you...what do u mean u haven't heard of...CHIP FOOSE is a mastermind

Post Number: 6
Thank you for your advise bassman3. I have looked at the FI's and SI's and have also looked into the Arc Flatlines for the near future when I get an SUV. This is just what I started with so I didnt have to upgrade my alternator. I got these 4 12's for less than the price of 1 Si or Fi. I do eventually want to upgrade to much better subs and probably the components. I do love the amp so far. I can get rid of the subs and components I have now pretty quick here without losing any money. I was also thinking of asking the shop it they will take the 12's I have now and trade them for some Flatlines.

Post Number: 9
I picked up a Flatline yesterday and have it tuned it 33hz in 1.8 cubes. It sounds much better and hits much harder than the 4 12's I had in there.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3375
how much for the fd 6000, i am going to sell mine, new never istalled.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I got them and the coaxials for $200
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us