Advice on a System???

Username: Dnug

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 1
aight then, thanks for takin the time, i have a 97 f150 eclipse deck, pro audio amp 600 peak, bridged running two 10" kicker comps, 4 Ohm, and i love it, but its just not hitting hard enough for my new whip, buyin a 01 Lincoln Continental Signature Series, and my thoughts are as follows,

Deck - Clarion DXZ955MC (love the features)

Amp - Clarion DPX11500
1500 Watt x 1 @ 1 Ohm Stable

Processor - Soundstream BX-12 (to boost output from deck)

Subs - 2 Kicker CVR15-4

Component Sp - im stuck here, i like the infinty perfects 6.5s but i dont like the price tag however if im forced i guess, i also like the alpines that are out, any input...?

My other question is, with this set up, (wired in a 1 Ohm Parrellel) will it thump, and also, any thoughts on anything, would be appreciated,

Do i need a cap?
I already have a deep cycle bat.,, am i going to need to up the alternator, or no... anyway srry for runnin on latez

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 345
Definitly better could be done with similar funds, and if your going to be running a low end system like CVR's you could definitly get away withought a alternator. On the subjects of caps, there are many people on here who will tell you that they are a waste and that you do not hear a difference with or without them.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2173

quote:

if your going to be running a low end system like CVR's you could definitly get away withought a alternator

are you trying to say the type of subs determine if you need a HO alt or not

you could fill your trunk with DD 99z which are 8000 wrms and not need a ho alt if you were under powering them

with 1500 wrms i wouldnt try using your stock alt. 1600 was to much for my 105 amp alt

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4575
i think he was referring to the subs as power/rms wise showing that he wont need an alternator.

and 1500 for 2 cvr's is wayy too much power.

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 2
alright, i appreciate the response, are cvrs really that low end, what would you suggest, is the whole system ive selected low end or just the subs, if so what subs would be better, i listen to mostly rap, with lots of bass, i need them to pick up the lows, and highs, and keep up with the beat... thanks a bunch

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 4
alright, ive decided to nix the 500 head unit and will be downgrading, to something a lil cheaper, so now i can go a lil higher on subs, i can afford the following,...

Kicker CVR15-4 x2
Kicker VCX15-4 x2
Memphis 15-M1154D x2
MB Quart PWE354 x2
MTX T7515-44 x2
Rockford Fosgate P315D4 x2
Mmats P2.5 15 - MMats P2.5 x2
Audiobahn AW1500V x2
Cerwin Vega V-Max 15.2 x2
Cerwin Vega V-Max 15.4 x2
jL Audio 13W1v2-4 x2
MTX T5512-44 x 4

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1666
how much are you willing to spend on subs?

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 5
no more than 5 bills, 500 cash, 500 bux, lol
srry 500 dollars man, thats it, no more

Username: Nkknutson

Post Number: 3
i'm in the same boat like rap and went to the web sites that where suggested and all it did was make me unsure of what i want. so i have not heared of any of the non brand name subs and don't know where to go. they sound good and i'm sure they are not as over priced as the brand names but i want something that will hold up and sounds good but i don't want to spend a ton either

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 7
ok also

ascendantaudio Assassin 12s x4
ascendantaudio Arsenal 15s x2
ficar audio x12s x4

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 185
dude 500 bucks gets some treo TSX good sql u wotn be dissapointed they run a lil over 200 a piece i think read bout www.treoonline.com

has anyone guessed i love treo

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 9
ok so now i am simply overwhelmed, if heard now,

DD 35115 x1
Fi q15 x1
RE 15 x1
and Treo TXS

anyone else got an opinion,

Silver Member

Post Number: 188
well two treo TSX woudl eb good or u can go a step up and one treo SSX be more amazing lol but check em out...maybe go to a sub place nearby see if u can hear any of the subs u want

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 181
I have a licoln as well make sure u get ur rear deck ported so ur subs can breath. you can have it done with wire mesh and u wont be able to tell the difference.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 589
biggs u ever heard a ssx or tsx?

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 590
i would go re 15 sx or mx

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3027
go with a single havoc and the clarion amp
Perfect match
www.ascendantaudio.com

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 10
Hey jerome, i appreciate the heads up i was actually thinking about firing the subs up through the deck so i can get that suv feel, but, this involves chopping up my back deck, im thinking about porting with large size ports in each corner, for the rear of the subs, and in the center, for the trunk itself, so i would have three wholes, and would be covering with what ever i can find cheap and easy that looks, good

as for this question youve all been so helpful to answer, i know everyone has their brands and such, i would like to put my two cents in again, and explain what kinda feel im lookin for,
i want that spl bang, but still wanna pick up what im hearin and not lose it all into one tone, like sum of the cheap cheap woofers, knowing that, what would be said about me putting in like 4 regular kicker comps or assassins and sealing each from the other, wired to one ohm would these beat... thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Treo's tend to get very loud and u can still retain good sq. at least teh TSX do

and spl...ive heard TSI, TSX, SSI but no SSX.. why do u ask

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1375
I like your interest in MMATS

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 14
ok in a bench test the amp runs 1050 watts @ 10hm @ 14.4 Vs

so now knowing that i dont have the full 1500 watss, its still a very good buy on the amp, and also, i dont think i would be overpowering the subs, im going to research treo but where can i buy these subs... thanks all again, i really appreciate ya all so much... latez

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1388
I think theres a treo group buy going on. Look in the forsale section of the message boards.

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 19
well im now thinking about the massive audio p 1500.1 i can get one of these for around 275, on this forum it sounds like, but i dont know how good they are, and im really thinking more and more about going with cheaper subs, just more of them, they would be harder, but then again, i dont know, i really need someone who knows a lot and is biased to a particular brand... thanks a bunch though...

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 20
ok, now i think i may have it finally, what is to be said about that, massiv audio p1500.1, to two dual 4 treo ssi 15's, good match?? sound good??? hit hard??? would i need alt upgrade??? lemme know... thanks again

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 22
it never hit new in the threads list,,, ...

Bronze Member
Username: Cadi_sittin_on_l7s

Indiana

Post Number: 20
im a big kicker fan so i have to put in my two cents.

ever think about.... 2 15 inch cvx
2 15 inch L5
2 12 inch L7
1 12 inch solo x
solo x is $$$ tho

Bronze Member

Delray beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 26
ok i went down to the subshop, when the guy found out i wanted to set up for a p1500.1 he was excited he hooked up two boxes, of kicker cvr-s in his shop, he said they were on kicker amps pushin around 1200 watts... he turned it up, it was i luv it - jeezy, these subs pounded so hard, omg, i could feel the compression so much, he turned it up the rest of the way, it did finally start loosing the notes, but it was up so loud, that it wouldnt make a difference, because i wouldnt ever be turning it up that far i think my mind may finally be made up, i asked for most of the other suggestions and the only ones he carried were mtx, and rf, comparied to the set up of four , they could hold up to it... so i appreciate it all, i think ive figured out, my problem, i will let erry one know how it turns out, thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us