Need Help Wiring?????

Username: Nytmare4me

Post Number: 1
Hey guys...I need some help and Im new to this site. I would appreciate any info. Im gathering items for a system in my truck.....I have an amp that is 2ohm stero stable but not mono stable. And im looking for some subs but most subs come in 4ohm and if I parallel them and bridge them them Im at 2ohms? i dont want to smoke this amp? What is the most common way to do this? Do I just buy 8ohm subs and parallel them to 4ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 343
What is the brand and model of the amp to give us an idea of the output wattage you're working with.

The easiest solution, and the one that'll give you the most options is to get a pair of dual voice coil (DVC) subs. There are plenty to choose from, just look for subs that list as DVC 4 ohm. A DVC 4 ohm sub can be wired to present a 2 or 8 ohm load so you'd wire each to 2 ohms and one to each channel of the amp.

Username: Nytmare4me

Post Number: 2
Great.....That is what I have been looking for this afternoon (DVC ) Subs......
Thanks for your advice Darek..
Travis

Username: Balilove

Does anyone has free speakers wiring diagram for toyota corolla 2001 (standard). I am having problem installing my new stereo. Please help. Thanks.

Username: Crusadertanker

Fort irwin, Ca Usa

i need help on gettig a color code factory stereo wiring digram for an o5 jeep liberty, 4d 3.7l/v6 factory six speakers

Username: Edged002

hi, i just fitted a new head unit and fascia plate in my fiesta, does any one know how to wire new speakers into the back and how to take the dam head unit and fascia plate back out without braking it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us