Archive through April 24, 2006

fgoode
Unregistered guest
Hey Ps1k0
Can you post a link to the install guide for a 671XV viper alarm?

Unregistered guest
Hello-
I just bought a Rav4(2002) that came with a Rattler 300. The car automatically locks doors within 5 secs of ignition on, and have locked myself out with car running twice! Toyota says that Autolock is NOT their feature- so it must be the Rattler.

I have no idea where the valet switch is either.

I went to the Viper site, and I see an owners guide for Viper 300- which takes you to a Viper Model 300 pdf, and a Rattler 300- which takes you to a Model 431R pdf. Is there a difference?

Car is currently Active alarming, and we DO NOT use it, as sometimes my wife can't disarm it. However- HOW can I shut off the Autolock?

Thank You
Chris
reidcc@comcast.net

Unregistered guest
Hey There,

I have a VIPER 300ESP installed on my honda accord. Its worked great for the past four years. Now there is no alarm anymore. The remote button operate normally to lock and unlock the doors (bu there is no chirp anymore) and if I hit the Panic button the alarm is "triggered" i.e the headlights start blinking rapidly as though the alarm is on, but there is no chirping and neither the siren, nor the car horn is alarmed.
I've looked through the installation and owners manual there was nothing to explain this.
Is it possible my siren speaker is dead? Could be, but then that doesnt explain why the car horn does not sound as well! I'm stumped.
Any help on how to exit this mode or solve the problem would help.
PS: I have no idea where the valet switch is hidden in the car.

Unregistered guest
Toyota pickup... the easiest truck Ive ever worked on. Haha, Anyways. I am going to buy the Viper 1000 with the voice mod and the invisabeam addon. It has a manual transmission and has power door looks, thanks to my being bored. Will this system work aight on my truck? ALSO. I wanna hook up the remote starter, where the heck is my neutral wire? Can i make the viper system turn on my ignition, and nothing more? so my music will start playing? i build custom sound systems, so i have a MEAN one in my truck and itd be cool to be walking twords it, press a button, and the sounds go on, or the engine starts.. not just the doors unlock.... hit me up at briantech@hawaii.rr.com with any info plz

Username: Princeofabyss

ThessalonikiGreece

Post Number: 2
Khosa can you give me a link for the Viper 5000 installation manual? I want to buy it, and I'm planning to install it myself, but before buying it, I think I should read what I will face through installation, and if too difficult I'd rather ask them to install it for me.

Also, I own a Seat Ibiza (year 2004) car - if you are not familiar with this make, they are in the same VAG Group, as Volkswagen, Audi, and Skoda - and someone told me that cars that use a CAN bus (like mine) are not to be equipped with such alarms like the Viper, Clifford etc, as those ones require too much cuts/connections of wires, while the CAN bus is a 'delicate' thing for them. Instead they suggested that I'd rather buy a Med (www.med-italy.com) alarm that installs directly (in a way) on the ECU and is controlled through the stock key of the car. What is your opinion on this matter? Could the Viper 5000 cause any problem on my car? Maybe interfering with the CAN bus wires, etc... Do you think they told me all those just to make me buy their product?

Also, what is your opinion about the specific Viper 500 model? I think it is a decent solution since it has a built-in Comfort control device. And since I am not interested in Remote start or Turbo timer functions (although my car is a turbocharged one), I think that the 5000 is just fine for me. I also plan to equip it with the following accessories:

508D Invisibeam Field Disturbance Sensor
506T Audio Sensor, and a
520T Backup battery.

Is there any installation guide for the first two sensors???

Does it matter what input zone I will connect each of those two sensors to?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Greece

Post Number: 3
Anyone has a link for the Viper 5000 installation manual guys?

Unregistered guest
i just bought a new 791xv for my 2000 mitsubishi eclipse an i need some help on the primary harness H1/1 orange its says (-)500 mA ARMED OUTPUT and don't know where to connect it to

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1930
I just got my viper 5000 installed today and it is a very nice alarm. I had it installed by a dealer in my area. Paid $490 total for everything inluding installation and extra battery in case anyone takes the battery out.

Greece

Post Number: 4
ANy link for its installation manual somebody??????? MO i'm happy to hear its a nice alarm. i'm about to buy it! but plz somebody give me a url for its manual.

Username: Gemini21

Shreveport, LA

Post Number: 6
I have the viper 791xv for my 2001 mitsubishi eclipse GT and for the trunk trigger wire(H1/6) I don't know where to put it. Is it only for Trunk release which I don't have? How do I secure my trunk with this wire if possible?

Gooobygirl
Unregistered guest
Would you happen to have a PDF of the 690xv installation instructions?

thank you....gooobygirl

Bronze Member
Username: Jamesdunn

Anniston, Alabama US

Post Number: 53
I need an installation Manual for a Viper 300
Thanks James

Greece

Post Number: 5
Anyone has the installation manual for the Viper 5000 guys?

Unregistered guest
help... need install manual for viper 1000, i just had the viper 1000 installed and they wouldn't install the trunk release -voids warrenty or something- so baught the unit online DEI 522T to install, but my lil box of goodies for the 1000 has no wiring/schematic info only the owners guide. also planning on installing the prox sensor and a few other add-ons. Directed has no info for me whatsoever as to the aux out/in locations on the unit only that it has a gang of em.. and am i going to need the BitWriter for all this?

Unregistered guest
haha figures been looking for this for two days and two minutes after i post this.. whalla found the installation guide..

sonikamd
Unregistered guest
viper 5000 http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N3301V_02-05.pdf

viper 300hf http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N430V.pdf

viper 690xv http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N434V_7-03.pdf

Unregistered guest
HI,
I have a viper 350 hv and I lost one of the 473V remote and the other doesn't work. I changed the battery and now it doesn't turn the alarm off. I have to bypass the alarm for the past couple of days manually and it's really annoying. Is there a program for the remote that I could get. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
hi guys..does any of you could help me find user & installation manuals for a Viper mod. 900 alarm?

Thanks in advance

Jorge

Greece

Post Number: 6
Guys I bought a Viper 5000 responder alarm for my car. I also bought a 506T audio sensor, a 507T tilt sensor, and a 508D field disturbance sensor. However, I'm totally confused about how I'm gonna connect them on the alarm. I mean, according to its installation manual the alarm has two instant trigger inputs (wires H1/7 -- Zone 1, and H2/2 -- Zone 6) probably suitable for the hood and trunk switches, and three multiplexed inputs for Zones 2, 4, and 7. Also, Zone 2 is used by the built-in shock sensor. Finally, on the left side of the alarm there are two ports mentioned in the installation manual of the alarm as Sensor 2 and Sensor 3.

The question is this: What options do I have in connecting the three sensors? Ideally, I would need 3 multiplexed inputs beside the Zone 2 multiplexed input for the built-in shock sensor. So now, will I have to share one multiplexed input on two sensors? And which sensors make sense to share the same input?

Please try to give me a general guideline on my question. Thank you in advance for any answer, and I am sorry for the long post.

Username: Big_t

Post Number: 1
WHATS UP, TODAY I GOT MY VIPER 5000 INSTALL IT IS NICE BUT WANT TO KNOW IF THERES A WAY TO MAKE THE REMOTE LIGHT UP (THE SCREEN) BECAUSE IN THE OWNERS BOOK IT SAY HOW BUT I DID IT AND DOES NOT WORK AND WHEN I CLOSE THE DOOR IT DOESNT ARM ITS SELF WHAT CAN I DO....

Unregistered guest
Does anybody know where i can get the installation manual for the viper 350HV

flaboi
Unregistered guest
I need some help I got a viper 791xv and I need the installation guide. I already have the owners manual but I need the installation guide somebody can email it to me at jshep305@hotmail.com thx in advance.

jeep lady
Unregistered guest
Ps1k0 or anybody - I am also in need of the instal manual for the viper 300, bought a jeep with it already in it but is not working - thanks!!

Unregistered guest
does anyone know where i can get the wiring diagram for the viper 671XV?

cheers dan

Unregistered guest
i was thing about getting a viper and i want 2 program it 2 play music (4 a caprice). what viper is better 4 me

jeep lady
Unregistered guest
never mind - found it
here is a link for all of you wanting viper manuals - just hit the link, then select your model number from the drop down menu
http://www.drdetailshop.com/deiinstallguides.htm

Unregistered guest
does anyone know how detailed the installation is for a 508D (field disturbance sensor) for a viper 791xv alarms system ????thanks! please e-mail to Im1chunkymunky@aol.com

Jayson Winssel
Unregistered guest
hi, my viper alarm is having the following problems...the alarm won't come on, but everything is wired correctly for the alarm, but evrything else works fine, and the led is blinking normally. An ideas?

bap
Unregistered guest
What are the main differences in features between Viper 560XV and Viper 791XV besides the 1- vs 2-way remote pagers? or is that the main difference? And for those that have either of these systems, are you relatively happy? What is your main hangup/disadvantage/problem with it, if any?

Thanks...

msb87
Unregistered guest
Just bought a car with a 300ESP system but no remotes. A dealer atepted to program 2 remotes but they would not take. According to his cross-reference guide the only listing for a 300ESP remote includes a date code of 9A and up. My brain has a date code of 2G! Any ideas? All the remotes listed for that date code are non-hopping and non-HF. According to the install manual that was left in the car the 300ESP has both of those features. The authorized dealer and my self are clueless. Thanks in advance for your help. Thought I would add that he was able to get into programming mode. He also traced the attenna to make sure it was connected.

Anonymous

i have the viper 300+ with voice module and i need help on installation diagram instructions
i this alarm from my old car to a new one.
so please i need help badly.

Unregistered guest
i have a viper 790xv responder alarm i had to override the alarm due to remote problems. i went to the place i bought the alarm to get it reprogramed
but know one knew how to program it. can anyone help me with a manual on program codes and how to do it.

Greece

Post Number: 7
Guys I have bought a Viper 5000 alarm, and also a 506T audio sensor, a 507T tilt sensor, and a 508D field disturbance sensor. The alarm has just 2 multiplexed side ports, in which I have to connect the 3 sensors I mentioned. However, after some study on the sensors, I saw that only 508D is a two-state sensor (warn away, and full alarm). The other two, 506T and 507T, are instantly triggered.

What do you think? Should I connect the 508D on a multiplexed side port, and have the other two ones share the second side port? If so, does it matter which of the two sensors' triggers will go to each of the two trigger pins of the port?

If I got it correctly, the port's pinout is: red for the +, black for the active-when-armed -, blue for the warn-away trigger, and green for the full alarm trigger. Is that correct?

Finally, after some tests I performed, I saw that the responder's screen will not recognise the three sensors in order to blink the appropriate icon upon their triggering... It just blinks the number of the zone that is triggered, i.e. zone 4 or zone 7. Is there a way to somehow register each sensor so that the correct icon blinks on the responder?

Anonymous

Wonder if anyone can help me and direct me to the installation manual for a viper 500+

anything would be great
email me or post i will check in

va3dmx@gmail.com

Unregistered guest
i need teh installation manual for a viper 300 i have a 1991 chevy lumina if it helps
thanks

Unregistered guest
i need teh installation manual for a viper 300 i have a 1991 chevy lumina if it helps
thanks

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a 2002 Ford Windstar that came with a Viper System (at least I have Viper transmitters). While taking groceries out of the van, I pressed some buttons, and now I have an audible chirp instead of a silent one (it chirps like 5 or 6 times whenever I activate/deactivate the alarm). How can I get this thing to go back silent where the lights just flash?

joanus
Unregistered guest
I have two vehicles with Viper 5000's and want to program the remotes on the second channel. I have the install guide and have read the section on remotes. Do I push the valet switch once and then push and hold it and the lock button on the remote with the remote selected to vehicle two?

christy
Unregistered guest
Hi all - I have a 1997 Thunderbird. When I bought it, the car dealership threw in a Viper alarm. I do not have the manual. How do I tell which model # I have? I guess it would have had to have been the most recent Viper alarm at the time, which would have been whatever # they had out in 1997. Thanks if anyone knows. -christy

Unregistered guest
I have had a Viper 690XV on my Mustang for about a year and a half. It has functioned perfectly until yesterday:

After working flawlessly through Friday evening, I noticed yesterday morning that it seemed 'sluggish' in responding to my transmitter. It would take a few tries before the alarm would arm or disarm, although it eventually worked. However, by the evening, it had lost almost all functionality. When I came out to my car late at night the transmitter would not work at all, and I was stuck out of my car. By some stroke of luck my girlfriend got one last signal out of the transmiter to disarm the alarm, and the transmitter has been functionless ever since. It still shows the "Tx" and Rx" icons when idle, but every time I send a command to the receiver, I get the signal icon and it beeps due to lack of a command page.

At this point, all the local dealers are closed because it is Sunday. Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation without waiting for a dealer? I did not install it myself.

I should also mention that I've followed the Owner's Guide instructions for code hopping, by standing within range of the vehicle and repeatedly pressing the "Arm" button. The alarm *never* responds. I thought maybe my new radar detector could have been causing some sort of interference, but even with the detector powered off and several feet from the car, the transmitter still failed to work.

Help?!

Greece

Post Number: 8
Beside my previous post, there are 7 newer ones that all expect an answer... I wonder what's the point of this forum anymore... Just asking questions and receive no answer? I really wonder why we still visit this site to contribute to its popularity, if we don't get answers to our problems.

christy
Unregistered guest
Wow, I'm REALLY glad I found my manual! I have a Viper 300+. Now I know. This forum was no help whatsoever.

Unregistered guest
FCC ID:EZSDE1478

Model 971VX

The car just starts up out of no where! Any help and I am greatful! Email me at sbreen@doretel.com please.

Unregistered guest
Hello i have a remote that is

FCC ID: EZSDEI476
RPN 476V 266 CODE

can somebody help me how so set up the remote becuase i lost my other one and i bought a new one how do i program it?

Chris R.
Unregistered guest
Is there anyone on this forum that provides answers anymore? Or is everyone asking questions?

I have the same questions as Peter K, trying to hook up optional sensors on a DEI alarm. No documentation for this process. Would like to use the icons on my LCD remote.

Should this forum just go away, if it doesn't help anyone to post questions here?

Anonymous

I used to answer questions alot and try to help people out as best i could, but i had to take a break because i couldn't take the dumb questions anymore. now they say there's no such thing as a dumb question, but when someone asks a question, and it was just answered 2 posts up. that's a dumb question.

anyway, i guess there's noone helping anymore, so i'll see what i can do..

-msb87
they should be using these remotes,
http://www.drdetailshop.com/471T.htm

-shane mcelmurry
791xv install manual
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N564V_6-03.pdf

-ANON
viper 500+ install manual
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N437V.pdf

-luminateyourchevy
viper 300 manual
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N430V.pdf

-christy (or anyone wanting to know the same thing)
for future info, you would have had to go under the dash and get access to the brain of the alarm, inorder to find out what kind it was.

-Hyperplex
did you check the batteries???
I know it's an inconvenience to have these problems, but if you had it professionally installed, tuff it out and have the place that installed it figure it out. that's what you paid for.

-Mistasle3py
what kind of alarm do you have? make/model ##.
not all alarms are the same, so that info would have to be passed on.

-Chris R./Peter k
don't have any access to you model of alarm so i can't check the manual to help you, but there should be a blue trunk input wire that you could hook the 2 instant trigger devices to. add appropriate diodes so they don't interfere with each other and you should be good.
if all else fails, take it to an installer and let them do that part for you.

hope that helps some of you,
i'll try and check in periodically and see if there's anything new...

hihju lkois
Unregistered guest
Will the Remote start work on a manual transmission? Which would be better for a Jeep Wrangler the Viper 5000 or the 790xv? Please e-mail me if you can help ! My e-mail is lowi2@walla.com

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 249
Sorry, i don't email. so if you come back you'll see this.

You should only put R/S systems on automatic tranny vehicles. less of a chance of them driving off (and into or through things).
although it is funny to watch.

They do make manual tranny specific systems, but i don't think that is one of them.

Username: Areyou

Hi..
i just installed my new Viper 350HV on my picanto frm my dad but i just wonder if it is possible if i want to change the the transmitter to 2way remote?

lkljsi jsaid
Unregistered guest
On alarms with remote starts can you disable the remote start and only use the alarm feature?

Anonymous

you should address that question to DEI themselves. www.viper.com

Jersey Mike
Unregistered guest
Hey - I have a '90 Lincoln Mark VII, just changed the battery and my alarm keeps going off and the car won't start. I don't know the Viper alarm model cuz the car came w/ the system and no info. I looked everywhere under the dash 4 the valet button but came up empty handed. Is there any other common place that they would put the valet button? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jersey Mike
Unregistered guest
Hey - I have a '90 Lincoln Mark VII, just changed the battery and my alarm keeps going off and the car won't start. I don't know the Viper alarm model cuz the car came w/ the system and no info. I looked everywhere under the dash 4 the valet button but came up empty handed. Is there any other common place that they would put the valet button? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Please help. I just had bestbuy installed new viper 791xv into my 2005 Toyota RAV4. Everything is working excepted unlock passenger and 2 back doors. I can get driver side open every single time with 1 push. With 2 pushes and hold to get other doors open, it only works 2 out of 5 times. I brought it back twice. Bestbuy said nothing else they can do. They try to connect power wire from passenger side door, then every time I push the remote once, it open all doors instead of driver side door only. That's not right. Anyone has any ideas or why? To me, it sound like it is trying to open, but it doesn't have enough power to it.
Anyhow, thanks whole lots first.

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Nudi$t Colony, Woo Hoo

Post Number: 252
vincville
i looked up the wiring diagram for your vehicle, and it only shows one wire for unlocking the doors. you may have to just have it set to unlock all the doors instead of drivers, then others. it will make it easier on the remote to not have to press the button so many times to unlock the doors. plus it will give you longer battery life.
although, bestbuy isin't know for having the best of installers. if having seperate unlock for driver/passenger doors is very important to you, you could take it to another viper authorized installer to have them give it a try.
good luck with that

Billjack
Unregistered guest
I just bought a 97 honda civic with a viper alarm, but i have no idea what model because it came with nothing and I cannot find the brain anywhere. I have looked all under the dash and glovebox and i cant find anything. The reason I need to find it is because the alarm started going off one day when I was not home. It eventually died when the battery died I guess. But now nothing works, the remote, the siren, or anything in the car. I was thinking if I just pulled the brain out and rewired the correct wire to the starter, the car would start, it seemes the alarm is fried. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

nitrate
Unregistered guest
i have viper 5000. anyone know how to tell if the car is out of range by the lcd display?without pushing a button to check if it beeps. when the receiving icon is displayed every 5 seconds can that some how tell me if my caer is out of range? i just want to know if someone is braking into my car and i cant recieve the page.

Anonymous

I have a Viper 791 installed on my camry. today, I must have done something wrong and activated a kill-switch. The engine turns over, but doesn't start. I have all the manuals, and one of them suggests that I might have to flip the "shut-down" toggle switch. where might I look for that switch and what does it look like?

Unregistered guest
Is it truth that Viper791XV can go as far as 2500ft? Any one know? My remote can only goes about 200ft when I try to remote start.
I am about to buy another remote for my viper 791xv. Any one has a new remote 472V instead of 479V remote control, and how do you like it if you has one.

Stingraye
Unregistered guest
Can anyone get the installation guide for the Viper 1000 system? I just searched through this whole thread, and it appears no one has looked for the 1000, which I just picked up, but desperately need an installtion guide for. If you could help me out on that I would appreciate it soo much. TIA.

Dan

Stingraye
Unregistered guest
Can anyone get the installation guide for the Viper 1000 system? I just searched through this whole thread, and it appears no one has looked for the 1000, which I just picked up, but desperately need an installtion guide for. If you could help me out on that I would appreciate it soo much. TIA.

Dan

tds.lurker
Unregistered guest
Hi

i want to purchase a Viper 5000 over i-net!
someone knows a dealer where i can get one WITHOUT installation???

thx
Timur

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A 92 SC300 LEXUS AND WE JUST REPLACE THE BATTERY BUT WHEN THE CAR HAS POWER THE ALARM BEEPS LIKE CRAZY. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE VALET SWITCH IS, CAN ANY ONE HELP? WE HAVE A VIPER 300ESP

Unregistered guest
I have a viper 5000 installed in my toyota corolla but my range doesn't work so well... does anybody have a similar problem about the range? the range is really bad wghat is the problem?

Unregistered guest
I have a viper 5000 installed in my toyota corolla but my range doesn't work so well... does anybody have a similar problem about the range? the range is really bad wghat is the problem?

Username: Traydeezy

I too am looking for the installation manual for the Viper 1000. Can someone with access to the manuals post it up for us, please?

Thanks!

Username: Traydeezy

NM...found the installation manual for the Viper 1000 here:

http://directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N3101V_02-05.pdf

Username: Richostro

We just bought a Jeep Liberty, 05- it came with a Viper 560xv, and no manual. We found the manual online. The car came with two keys/fobs- one set seems to be working fine. The other set is not starting the car- if you try it in the ignition it will start and die in a few seconds; and if you try the auto start from the key fob it will start, but as soon as you put the key in the ignition it cuts out. Where is the problem, and can it be resolved?

Username: Nightcreeper

can anyone help me i need a install guide for a 850xv viper alarm system and a install guide for a automate model 435. let me know if ya can i really need them.

Timmy1010
Unregistered guest
I have a 771XV viper alarm and i need instuctions install the remote start please help Tmi102@aol.com

Timmy1010
Unregistered guest
I have a 771XV viper alarm and i need instuctions to install the remote start please help Tmi102@aol.com

Timmy1010
Unregistered guest
I have a 771XV viper alarm and i need instuctions to install the remote start please help Tmi102@aol.com

Unregistered guest
i have an 01 honda civic lx and am currently installing a 771xv viper alarm most everythings working i just need help with 2 things:
1. The remote start is triggering the starter but it wont turn over unless the key is turned on to the first postion
2. My door trigger doesnt seem to be working but i can program everything with the door open and it recognizes it
please help i've been working on this for week straight claytondavis@mac.com

Username: Smokn

Hi there all,

I am looking for replacement remotes for my Viper 550ESP alarm. Does anyone out there have any they would be interested in selling??

Thank you,
Smokn

PS Here is a photo of the specific remote unit!
Upload

Ronin
Unregistered guest
I'm interested in purchasing a Viper 5000 for my '01 Stratus R/T coupe. For those of you who use/have used a 5000, does the 2-way transmitter beep loud enough or vibrate well enough, to alert you of your car being tampered with? I have read that many other 2-way transmitter systems that aren't loud enough to be heard and/or they don't vibrate well enough to alert you. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a Viper 550ESP installed in my car. I've had it for 5 years without a problem. A couple months ago I was involved in a front end collision which destroyed the Viper siren. My insurance company put on a generic siren which was definitely louder. Five weeks after I get my car back with the generic siren working just fine, problems started happening.

My siren will go off everytime the headlights are on. It's not as loud as if the siren was tripped, but still noticeable. When I arm or disarm my car, my headlights blink with the brain. Everytime my headlights blink, you hear the siren's faint yelp.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I don't think it's a bad siren because I hooked up the siren to a 12V battery and it's loud and works fine. Could this generic siren damage the 550 brain? Any input would be great. I hate driving at night now because my alarm is always sounding.

Unregistered guest
what up i just got the viper 790xv installed and im not sure if the guy who installed it put in the trunk release with the reciever. how can i check? and is there anywhere that i can c a manual for this ? not an install manual a manual that tells u all the features this alarm brings and how 2 use them. thnx for the help

Unregistered guest
what up i just got the viper 791xv installed and im not sure if the guy who installed it put in the trunk release with the reciever. how can i check? and is there anywhere that i can c a manual for this ? not an install manual a manual that tells u all the features this alarm brings and how 2 use them. thnx for the help

Username: Rjparker1

gunit, ever heard of search? CTRL-F searches the forum, that manual has been posted at least 12 times that I count.. Search for 791xv, the link is in this post!

93camaro02
Unregistered guest
hey i just got done installing a viper 791xv on my 93 camaro.. im not sure what i got wrong but, when the car is off nothing will work but, if u start the car and press the lock or unlock button you can hear the brain box working but still doesn't lock or unlock the doors... remote start does not work.. but while car is running the lights will flash when the lock and unlock buttons are pressed... also the blue indicator light will stay on while the car is runnin and shut off when car is off.... so i dont know which wires i messed up if u guys can help that would be cool
thanks
matt

Pat713
Unregistered guest
I washed my viper remote and I am unable to turn off the system. I've tried putting the key into the 'on' position and holding the valet button, but with no success. The valet button is about 1/4 inch in diameter right? If so, am I screwed? Or would dissconnecting the battery, then reconnecting it turn off the system and let me drive the car...?

Unregistered guest
Hi, need install guide for Viper 690xv. Email: lockdown416@rogers.com
Thanks
Oh that link to all the viper install guides does not work, anyone have a new link?

Anonymous

Hey there. I have a 98 Ford Mustang with a stock alarm. I couldn't find my valet button and my alarm was stuck in valet mode. Just like these guys said; open the driver door, switch the key to on, then off, and hit button I, button II, and then button I again and the alarm will exit valet mode. Cool beans. Experiment if it doesn't work for you.

Username: Newinstall

Lees summit, Mo Jackson

would anyone have access to a viper install manual for a viper 800 model? I have it from the mid 90's and it has all the good stuff like windows, and hatch pop, and locks, prox sesor but i need a install to put it in a new car. Now I hear they can post them online any more so i wonder if anyone has one?

Username: Feifei

I bought a used 300zx with a viper 671xv alarm system installed. recently, i couldn't start my car. I think the alarm system stops the car from cranking. There is no way i can disarm the system by using my 2-way remote. Plus, i was trying to find my valet button... However, I can't make sure the one I found is my valet switch. Even if the one I found is the right one, I followed the users guide to disarm the system and seems like it doesn't work. Can someone help me on that? Please e-mail me @ feih@hotmail.com Thanks

Username: Howardw70

I have a Viper 560XV installed in a Toyota Sienna. Does anyone how to program it for the powered rear hatch? The AUX opens the sliding door..the STAR does the remote start.

Also, is there any good online stores to buy another remote?

Thanks

Username: Xxacurarlxx

My Viper 350 HV worked fine for three years. Today, I can't alarm my car. When I press lock/unlock it closes/opens doors, but does not chirps at all. Also the blue indicator light used to blink, but now it just on, when car is not running, and off when I start the car. Can anyone tell what's going on and how to fix it?
xxacurarlxx@yahoo.com

Username: Nattiboy06

i need the install guide for a viper 771xv thanks

Username: Skater_bum

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 8
Here ya go Joel:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N567V_07-05.pdf

Username: 88vette

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 3
I can't believe some of the posts in this thread.

Don't these noob's know how to SEARCH and READ?

I don't blame the experts for not answering some of these ridiculous, rhetorical questions!!!

READ, READ, READ, SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH then ask.

Username: Carilliterate

i dont really know what Im talking about, this is for my roommate... He is trying to get the installation manual for a Viper Security System Model 300... ID: EZSDE1430-A, anyone know where I can find this?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 9
Here ya go Kimberley:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N430V.pdf

Username: Watdafuqnow

Phoenix, Arizona Usa

New Truck,dealer 1 pulled wires from the +. i hooked up seemed to work fine.replaced the batt heard the alarm set.dove it alarm doesnt work.rehooked up batt alarmed worked. drove it and it dont work.anyone got any clues for me???please it is a ford p/u clifford alarm.not sure of model

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 10
Look for the model number on the unit under the dash. It'll help to diagnose the problem.

Username: Dsmguy1

Hey, i just recently bought a car with a viper 300 esp.... and im not too happy with it... i need the instuctions and wiring diagram.... tried the links, and cant get them to work, could someone possibly photocopy the instuctions, and e-mail them to me to civicxman103@yahoo.com
thanks

Username: 88vette

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 7
Just tried the link.
It works fine.
viper 300 manual
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N430V.pdf

Username: Heck62

, CA USA

Anybody have or know where I can get a PDF of the installation manual for the viper 500+ . It would be a great help. Thanks

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 12
Here ya go! Viper 500+ installation guide:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/N437V.pdf

Username: Russianro

heya i got an 791 viper alarm and i got a problem with remote start ... i have an octavia II with manual transmision and when .. it dosn't make anything when i pres 2 time * button

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 14
If it was installed, check the hood pin. If the hood pin wire is grounded, (i.e. the hood open) then the remote start will not work.

Does the unit flash the parking lights when you try to remote start the unit? If so, how many times does it flash?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us