Best Buy Review!

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 535
My friend Tim and I went to his job, Best Buy yesterday to get his Type R. BTW, he got it for only $97.89!!! Employees get 20% off of what the actual Franchise pays for any item in the store. Sweet Deal!! Anyway, before buying it, one of his fellow employees, Jason... some idiot... was trying to explain how he had the loudest system of all the guys that worked there, his 2 DUAL 12's, the one's with the blue lights in em! Anyway, my boy Tim asks the guy if he should get the 2 ohm of 4 ohm version of the sub, and the guy said 2 ohm because it can actually "hit the low notes harder". I'm like whoa whoa whoa, I didn't think it made a "louder" difference of the ohm loads. I told him that the 2 ohm would be good for him because he's only running a one sub setup in his BMW 330i. The guy Jason also said the 2 ohm would be better if he decides to get another Type R, that way he Can wire them down to 1 OHM! I was getting frustrated so I left to go the play with the PS3. 15 minutes later he comes back and tells me that he just got his Type R and a Q logic box, because the guy told him it would hit harder in that box, than a custom one because "Type R's require professional boxes in order to play to specs"

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8017
rofl. professional boxes? that damn q logic is hardly a professional box. it is built okay but way over priced and not built to alpine specs.

at least he got it at a nice price.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1501
hahaha, awesome reveiew man. im glad i never went to BB/CC tog get help. i went to tweeter and they kinda know what they are talking about. but im real glad i found ecoustics, thats the real life saver. i might go to BB/CC and just f-ck with the people there, that could be fun

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 103
you should go beat soem sense into that dumbazz. not ur firend. the other guy then tape his head between two real subs and play them full blast for an hour

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
lol, the thing that got me was the he said that he's been around car audio for 12 years because his uncle owns and operates a shop. We asked why he doesn't work for him, and he said that his uncle doesn't pay enough. I'm thinking to myself, "That BS info you're giving out, I woun't pay your @$$ sh1T!!!!"

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
bump!

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 532
btw trell :-) 2 dvc 2 ohm subs cant be wired to 1 ohm its .5 2ohm and 8 ohm :-)

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 533
since u were only talking about 1 amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
dude u should have showed him up with soem impressive car audio knowledge and made him look dumb im tellin u tape him to a sub box

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1517
^^thats why he got frustrated in the store i beleive

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1518
that was directed at spl first post

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 538
ha wow i thought his friend was jason lol. thats what happens on a long day of work and a big paragraph lol but on 2 amps it could be 1 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
Hey SPL, I know that 2 ohm subs can't be wired down to 1 ohm, that's what really made me mad! lol I'm too nice, I just let him do his job, which is to make a sale anyway possible!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1522
f-ck that trell, embarass the kid if hes a d!ck. if hes nice, then let him off the hook.

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 540
ha yeah. im fustrated too lol long loooooooong day. at least tommorows friday :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
I mean he was cool, he was just a lil too cocky and arrogant. I mean, he was playing the new Young Jeezy CD on a Premier 980 and thought he was the man cause he knew how to use the remote control! lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1531
hahaha awesome. good for him. smart kid there proabbly

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8021
those guys at circuit city or best buys can be a**holes. when you ask them a few questions about car audio and they don't know, they start to give you an attitude and looks at you like you don't know sh!t.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10123
i should have been there - i would have taught that dumb@ss a thing or 2 about type Rs ......

}}

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2184
BestBuy employees get 5% savings over cost, don't make me tell you how I know this(610 dist). Anyhoo I went to my local BestBuy just looking for some emergency connectors, of course they didn't have sh!t. The guy comes up to me and asks me if he can help me, I said UMMM, NOOO. He looked at me like he just pulled a PHD out of his @ss and tried telling me that he is sure that I couldn't overpower a 4ga amp kit, lol. I am like dude you have no clue do you? He looked at me like he needed a slap (almost caught one). I told him that I have a 300A alt, 2500+rms and a butt load of 1/0ga wire to boot (2runs). The dude looked like he was gonna sh!t himself, he asked to see it and I was like I don't have the time have to get home. This guy almost begged me to let him see, nopeeee I said, might even have sucked some d!ck if I stuck around! I pulled around back and nosed into one of the bays, dropped the windows then let my SSX in the TCAB spit some young Jeeze, the dude I swear p!ssed himself!! So when you get a Bestbuy employee come up to you while you are shopping just tell them DON'T BOTHER FOOL... :-O

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1575
guy there once told me that if my speaker wire wasn't the same length then the sound would come out of the speakers at different times. I proved him wrong right there in the store :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
i saved a guy from buyign these 2 duals in this chrome box thing he said they looked the coolest. i laughed and told him to get the type R's is he was gonna get anything from bestbuy. i even played em both and the 1 type r beat so much harder then the 2 duals. then later i saw him walkin out with the duals. sad story.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 452
worst buy and circuit sh!tty are horrible places to buy car audio from.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 347
lol i had a job at circuit city but i had to turn it down...too bad, ida probably gotten fired for knowing too much

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2944
my circuit city dont even have the type r;s and my best buy only have mtx subs :-(.

hey man can u hook me up with some type r;s???

"Type R's require professional boxes in order to play to specs" <<<< hahaahhaha

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2160
I get a kick out of making the people at CC/BB look dumb :-) .. on occaision you'll actually find someone who knows what they are talking about.. then you can actually hold a decent convo instead of arguing your case

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 721
I've heard the BB guys say that they didnt need to know how to wire subs b/c the install guys did. WTF! They are the ones selling it, they need to know how to wire so they can sell the right stuff. I love goin in just to ask questions and make them scratch their heads and make up bullsh!t. haha

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2163
Well you can't blame then.. but you can blame the stores for hiring employees to do a job they can't.. If I owned a company I'd make sure my employee knew everything about our products before they were put into a situation in attempt to sell the product.. nothing worse than having to have someone look for the information themselves when asking a question or being told the wrong information all together..

I'd go and ask a simple question about a product.. most of the time they would turn right to the little slip sheets they ahve by their stuff that is a semi-description with a price..

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 722
I was listening to a guy talkin to a BB employee and he was about to buy type r components ($300 + tax) and I told him to get them off of ebay for 100 per set and he was like "for real" and I said yeah and he looked at the sales guy and said "nevermind" and walked out. that sales guy was beyond pissed off. I just laughed and walked out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us