Alt / new sub question

Bronze Member
Username: Andy_h

Post Number: 22
2 questions...

i have a kicker kx350.4 thats doing about 300 rms, and an alpine mrd m1005 that does 700rms at 4 ohms and 1000rms at 2 ohms - can a stock alt (2000 explorer) with no big 3 upgrade handle a full 1300 rms??

and im looking for a new sub under $300, if my car can handle it im going to buy a 12in Q, but if not whats a good sub for 700rms thats very efficent, respectibly loud, and has good sound qaulity?

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 154
TAKE YOUR TOTAL RMS watts 1300 multiply by two to account for amp ineficienty 2600 assume your altenator is good and produces 14 volts. divide 2600 by 14 and round up, u need about a 185 amp altenator to do the job.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 155
sorry did not mean to post to soon, since most of us dont have that kind of charging system since we dont do alot of car competition, u can compensate with strike caps. If i were u i would break down and do the big three.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
any one else have any imput - 1300rms on stock alt, no upgrades?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2319
jemone if you dont know what your talking about then kindly shut the f*uck up. thats not close to how you figure out how much current you need and caps are useless

andy 1300rms is really pushing it on a stock alt. but depending on your listing habbits you might be ok just hook it up and see, definatly do the big 3 it will help a little in flowing the current

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
thanks matt dope, that sounds like the more reasonable answer i was looking for

by the way - does anyone know when ascendant audio will have their new line up done/is it done?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2335
glad to help, best bet is to call up AA they take to long to email
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us